No announcement yet.

Dawson/Johnson Ready To Rumble, Ticket Info

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawson/Johnson Ready To Rumble, Ticket Info

HARTFORD – World Championship boxing returns to Hartford for the first time in 20 years! The long awaited and eagerly anticipated rematch between undefeated two-time light heavyweight champion and Connecticut’s favorite son, CHAD DAWSON, and former world champion GLEN JOHNSON is on. Promoted by Gary Shaw Productions, in association with DiBella Entertainment and Seminole Warriors Boxing, Dawson-Johnson II will be broadcast live on HBO World Championship Boxing, Saturday, November 7, beginning at 9:30 p.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. PT, from the XL Center. [details]

I was just thinking earlier they made this fight like 10 years ago.

Comment

The fall schedule is loaded. After this summer, it's about time.

Comment

I hope Johnson KOs him.

Comment

Before anyone even thinks about complaining about the location(Connecticut, Dawson's hometurf), keep in mind that the first fight was in Florida, Johnson's backyard. Just saying...

Comment

Is Angulo still fighting in this card?

Comment

war johnson!
              dawson got a gift in the first fight,people seem too ignore that.it was shocking

Comment

I scored the first fight a draw. I think Dawson will have learnt after the first fight so he should win a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                  Before anyone even thinks about complaining about the location(Connecticut, Dawson's hometurf), keep in mind that the first fight was in Florida, Johnson's backyard. Just saying...
                  Great point, and here's another. Johnson has fought 6 out of his last 8 fights in Florida. In comparison, Dawson has only fought 1 out his last 9 fights in Connecticut, his home state. A state that has at least four venues that can be used for championship boxing (Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun, XL Center, and the Connecticut Convention Center).

Another note, it says this will be the first time Hartford has had championship boxing in 20 years. Not quite true. Both Tarver and Dawson fought championship fights a few years ago at the Convention Center which is located less than a mile from the XL Center in Hartford. Maybe this is the first time in THAT venue in 20 years?

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
                    war johnson!
                    dawson got a gift in the first fight,people seem too ignore that.it was shocking
                    What gift? He won the majority of the rounds and wasn't knocked down. The fans in Florida booed the decision because Glen is one of their fighters, so I think that plays into people's thinking.

Comment

Working...
                    X