Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Commey Card: Anderson vs. Teslenko, Nico Ali Walsh, Zayas Added

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko-Commey Card: Anderson vs. Teslenko, Nico Ali Walsh, Zayas Added

Three-weight kingpin Vasiliy "Loma" Lomachenko, the Ukrainian virtuoso who saves his best for the New York City spotlight, hopes his next oversized challenge is not a bridge too far. Lomachenko returns to Madison Square Garden on Saturday, Dec. 11 for a 12-round lightweight showdown against former world champion Richard "RC" Commey.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Teslenko looked like a decent prospect until he got beat by the Winters. I expect Anderson to have little issues. Teslenko & Simon Kean both built records against limited opposition until they got stopped by journeymen.

I’m not sure if Teslenko can amount to much especially if he gets crushed by Anderson. It is difficult to transition from fighting weak opposition in Canada then going to US gyms. The US trialhorses are far more experienced than anyone in Canada. There are only 20-25 HWs in all of Canada. They usually fly up mexicans to fight.

There is another Russian Makimadov or whatever his name who also built a weak resume here. I want to see him step up too.

Anderson looks like the best young HW prospect just behind Hrgovic.

Comment

So prospect building. Not exactly fun to watch but necessary, but I'd rather they spread it out instead of stacking the card.

Comment

good fight.

Comment

Since im not far away, thinking of seeing this live

Comment

Loma cherrypicking yet again. What does he hope to achieve by fighting a bum who got ktfo by a 22yr old teofimo in 2 rounds..

Comment

Anderson is the best heavyweight prospect in years and I can’t see anyone stopping him from progressing as long as he stay focused and grounded; it’s when fighters become bigger in their head than what got them there the disruption which can stop him from being great. This kid has attributes most don’t have in this division, greatness awaits!

Comment

The best Heavyweight prospect is Justis Huni of Australia not Anderson. Huni was a Bronze medalist at the 2019 World Championships at 19 and would have been a Gold medal favorite at the 2021 Olympics; but for some reason they thought it was a good idea to have a professional fight a month before the Olympics and he hurt his hand. Based on what I saw I think Huni could have won the Gold Medal tbh.
                Huni is already pro and is 5-0; he's already fought good competition. Hopefully they step him up to World level next year. Demsey McKean, Junior Fa, and Lucas Browne would be fights I would look at for him next year.

Not even sure Anderson is the best US Heavyweight prospect. Check out Richard Torrez, who just won the Silver Medal at the Olympics. Torrez has also defeated Anderson every time they fought in the amateurs. Torrez is turning pro next year

Bakhodir Jalolov, 2021 Olympic Gold medalist, should also be stepping up here soon. Hopefully they move him fast since he is a bit older. He is 8-0 as a pro already.
                ​​​​​​​The Heavyweight division is a great division, despite what people say, we just need all these guys to start fighting each other. There is so much depth.
                Dare7 Dare7 Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
                  Anderson is the best heavyweight prospect in years and I can’t see anyone stopping him from progressing as long as he stay focused and grounded; it’s when fighters become bigger in their head than what got them there the disruption which can stop him from being great. This kid has attributes most don’t have in this division, greatness awaits!
                  Agreed, a normal sized heavyweight with the movement and ring generalship of a middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                    The best Heavyweight prospect is Justis Huni of Australia not Anderson. Huni was a Bronze medalist at the 2019 World Championships at 19 and would have been a Gold medal favorite at the 2021 Olympics; but for some reason they thought it was a good idea to have a professional fight a month before the Olympics and he hurt his hand. Based on what I saw I think Huni could have won the Gold Medal tbh.
                    Huni is already pro and is 5-0; he's already fought good competition. Hopefully they step him up to World level next year. Demsey McKean, Junior Fa, and Lucas Browne would be fights I would look at for him next year.

Not even sure Anderson is the best US Heavyweight prospect. Check out Richard Torrez, who just won the Silver Medal at the Olympics. Torrez has also defeated Anderson every time they fought in the amateurs. Torrez is turning pro next year

Bakhodir Jalolov, 2021 Olympic Gold medalist, should also be stepping up here soon. Hopefully they move him fast since he is a bit older. He is 8-0 as a pro already.
                    ​​​​​​​The Heavyweight division is a great division, despite what people say, we just need all these guys to start fighting each other. There is so much depth.
                    This. I want to see Jalolov and Torres in pro fights asap. I know Jalolov is pro already, but I haven't seen him outside of the Olympics. Old youtube stuff doesn't count in this case. Of course they both have skills. I like Jalolov, because he's another one of these big HWs. Torres is short by comparison, but he's power like a rhino, and I'm guessing he's gonna spark some guys.
                    Dare7 Dare7 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X