Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wood-Conlan: Matchroom Boxing Outbids Top Rank, Claims Rights To WBA "World" Featherweight Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wood-Conlan: Matchroom Boxing Outbids Top Rank, Claims Rights To WBA "World" Featherweight Title Fight

Matchroom Boxing has obtained the rights to the featherweight title fight between Leigh Wood and Michael Conlan. The long-discussed WBA "World" featherweight title fight was the subject of a purse bid hearing held Monday via Zoom conference call. Matchroom Boxing, Wood's promoter submitted a winning bid of $1,566,666. Top Rank--Conlan's co-promoter along with Conlan Boxing-- submitted a bid of $1.21 million as the session's only other bidder.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 11-01-2021, 01:13 PM.

1.5m on this fight? Maybe if they put it in Ireland they’ll recoup that.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Cheaper than 4m for Teo v Kambo. The only place I see them recouping that is Oz. NY has a Vargas hangover. Conlan is a big featherweight, but I don't see much else. I'm going with the underdog. War Wood!

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Cheaper than 4m for Teo v Kambo. The only place I see them recouping that is Oz. NY has a Vargas hangover. Conlan is a big featherweight, but I don't see much else. I'm going with the underdog. War Wood!
        Yeah I think Wood beats him, Conlan hasn’t impressed me as a pro, whereas Wood looked impressive vs Xu.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Comment

Look for Conan to decline and fight vacant wbo title

Comment

Once again with this belt nonsense.

Leigh Wood is WBA Champion? When from what I can see Santa Cruz is the WBA Champion at Featherweight.

How is this any different to Devin Haney's fake WBC Belt at Lightweight?

Comment

conlon is like a piece on a chess board, carefully being move around looking for an opening (weakest champ), will he be a queen (highly unlikely) or a pawn (fall flat on his face), we shall see, eventually im sure

Comment

Great for Woody, one good win and now he is going to make some house deposit money.
                  I like this matchup, and don't really care about the validity of the belt. It's going to be a dust up fan friendly fight as they all should be. New York, Belfast, they will sell it more because it is a fairly even fight between two guys who just simply 'bring it', than demographic location.

Comment

The fight should be in Belfast, that’s where the money wIll be

looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                    X