Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ennis: Beating Lipinets In The Way I Did, I Feel Like A Lot Of People Won't Wanna Fight Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ennis: Beating Lipinets In The Way I Did, I Feel Like A Lot Of People Won't Wanna Fight Me

LAS VEGAS - Jaron Ennis knew almost immediately April 10 that he "had" Sergey Lipinets. The fast, powerful, skillful Philadelphia native determined that he demoralized Lipinets during the first round of a welterweight fight Ennis won by sixth-round knockout. Ennis sensed from Lipinets' body language that the former IBF junior welterweight champion knew he was in the ring with an unusual opponent who would overwhelm him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ennis should be very thankful to the Creator that he's blessed with such such talent, few are.

You can't develop that, you've got it or you don't. He has to keep on improving though, develop his craft and not just assume he'll beat everyone easily, because he won't.

Perhaps the main fight in the welterweight division, or a divison up, will be Crawford vs Ennis, not Crawford vs Spence.
    Last edited by Liondw; 10-30-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Ennis is right. He is probably gonna have to wait until he receives his title shot through the mandatory process. None of the top welters, titleholders or contenders would want anything to do with him now until he gets his hands on a world title belt first because at the moment he is too high riisk and low reward.

Comment

A decent to good win for Boots, but lets not act like Lip was some monster of a welterweight. The guys best days were at 140. Lets see him do that to a decent/good welterweight. Dulorme aint it chief. I like Boots, has immense talent and hope he makes some real noise at '47

Comment

Ennis and Ortiz love to talk about Crawford. How about an eliminator or 2 undefeated fighters again will duck each other to hold on to their 0s??

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Ennis should be very thankful to the Creator that he's blessed with such such talent, few are.

You can't develop that, you've got it or you don't. He has to keep on improving though, develop his craft and not just assume he'll beat everyone easily, because he won't.

Perhaps the main fight in the welterweight division, or a divison up, will be Crawford vs Ennis, not Crawford vs Spence.
            Those two lines seem contradictory. Do you believe in natural talent or hard work? If Ennis has talent that can't be developed ("you either got it or you don't"), then why suggest that he should keep working and developing his craft? Nobody is born with the skills of an elite fighter. Skill always requires repetition and hard work.
            Last edited by NachoMan; 10-30-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
              Ennis and Ortiz love to talk about Crawford. How about an eliminator or 2 undefeated fighters again will duck each other to hold on to their 0s??
              You know, those two will probably square off before Bud and Spence ever do.

Comment

Ennis is a real beast

He is the future of sport
                Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Here we go again (I hope not) already getting his excuses ready for not making good fights. Crawford 2.0 ?

Comment

But Lipinets was never good

Comment

Working...
                    X