Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Open To Fighting Sandor Martin, Prefers To 'F--- Up Teofimo Lopez'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arnold Barboza Open To Fighting Sandor Martin, Prefers To 'F--- Up Teofimo Lopez'

A major upset occurred on October 16th when Spain's Sandor Martin (39-2) defeated Mikey Garcia (40-2) in Fresno, California in a DAZN streamed main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope more guys call out Martin. He deserves another opportunity on the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      I hope more guys call out Martin. He deserves another opportunity on the big stage.
      I agree man. He did not look like a lackluster fighter in beating Mikey. He has potential, just has a lot of miles already at over 40 fights.

Comment

Isn't Barboza at 140? He should be calling out Ramirez!
        krazy_d3 krazy_d3 Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

No one is in a hurry to give Barboza a title shot, he's high risk low reward, I know Bobby and Lopez had talked about him as being a possible opponent for Lopez move up to 140, but if I was the Lopez camp, I would look somewhere else to test the waters at 140.

Comment

I don't think he's calling Martin out here as such. Just that he would have no problem fighting him, I suppose if the offer was right. Seems a bit random that he would come out and mention Martin. I wouldn't be surprised if Matchroom have shown interest in making that fight as Martin needs a boost up the rankings and Barboza is well placed with the WBO. Pedraza is after Barboza, so i'd imagine Arum would rather keep it in-house.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Yes, 140 like Martin.
              krazy_d3 krazy_d3 Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

I don't think he's calling Martin out here as such. Just that he would have no problem fighting him, I suppose if the offer was right. Seems a bit random that he would come out and mention Martin. I wouldn't be surprised if Matchroom have shown interest in making that fight as Martin needs a boost up the rankings and Barboza is well placed with the WBO. Pedraza is after Barboza, so i'd imagine Arum would rather keep it in-house.
                I agree, Barboza will fight another Top Rank fighter. We'll see what Matchroom can do for Martin. Could be decent money in Spain to fight him.
                Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  He is, and that would be a great fight, and easy to make too, as they both have the same manager as well as promoter. I did once see an interview with Barboza, and when asked about maybe sometime going to 147, he said he'd be more likely to go down to 135 as he makes 140 easily. That said, I suspect he's thinking Teo at 140, as Teo is probably bursting at the seams, probably takes a fight at 140 fight whilst waiting on Crawford,Taylor. I just don't see Teo fighting Loma or Haney.

Comment

I agree, Barboza will fight another Top Rank fighter. We'll see what Matchroom can do for Martin. Could be decent money in Spain to fight him.
                    Matchroom are thin on the ground at 140, and the other promoters don't want to do much buisness with matchroom unfortunately, so getting a fight for Martin might be tricky.

Comment

Working...
                    X