Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Uzcategui Tests Positive For Banned Substance, Out Of 11/13 Fight With David Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Uzcategui Tests Positive For Banned Substance, Out Of 11/13 Fight With David Benavidez

The David Benavidez-Jose Uzcategui fight apparently was just not meant to be. BoxingScene.com has learned that Uzcategui has tested positive for a banned substance and has been removed from their November 13 bout. The prohibited substance in question is Recombinant erythropoietin (rEPO) which acts like a naturally-occurring endogenous erythropoietin to stimulate erythropoiesis, the process of red blood cell production. It is also used in patients with anemia renal failure, various cancers. The substance, however, is on the banned list in boxing due to its use in blood doping to enhance athletic performance, according to various studies.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-28-2021, 02:29 PM.

Son of a *****....

Comment

This fight has dragged on for months due to a positive covid test and now a positive test for a banned substance...SMH, I thought the fight would be fun but it's not like anyone is calling for this...I'm sure there was a replacement SMW on the UC so get this done and move on to a top opponent for early 2022.
      The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

R U fuqing kidding me!!!!
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Meh David was gonna knock him out anyways. Uzcategi hasn’t looked the same for a while now. It’s a shame though cuz David has been looking great like he’s in top form. PBC will dig up some one

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Son of a *****....
            You took the words outta my mouth

Comment

Uzcategui, 30, and Benavidez, 24, both are enrolled in the WBC’s “Clean Boxing Program.” The protocols for the WBC’s program are overseen by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, which tested Benavidez and Uzcategui numerous times during their training camps for this ill-fated fight.
              How many times specifically?
              Considering WBC is paying (only) $10k to VADA per month to test their top 15 through all 18 divisions, it's a very small chance the same guy gets tested multiple times per year, let alone during one camp.

Comment

I’m glad I didn’t fly down and purchase tickets after all! Ban his ass

Comment

LOL. Plant's greatest victory is against a substance abuser.

Comment

This suck but David should stop being a Btch and move up to LHW. He can pick up a belt and fight Canelo there.
                    Thuglife Nelo Thuglife Nelo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X