Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abigail Montes Shocks Claressa Shields With Split Decision in MMA Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abigail Montes Shocks Claressa Shields With Split Decision in MMA Bout

Four months after enjoying her first mixed martial arts fight, Claressa Shields was presented with a different kind of experience. Defeat.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-27-2021, 10:01 PM.

why is it shocking? Even though Shields is training with one of the best camps in MMa, this is new to her. you can't become a complete mma fighter in a year or even a good one. This is a cash grab and all she knows is punching and loading up on shots. Most MMA fighters are bad at standup because you aren't taught to sit down on your punches due to opening yourself up for take downs.

Comment

That was horrendous to watch. All Shields can do is punch, and the other one had no moves at all, just hold and forcing Shields down. I scored it 0-0. Shields was well down in her first fight before winning and has shown no improvements. She is wasting her time in MMA. Not suited to it. Nash out.

Comment

She's gonna beat up Marshall bad. And I don't even want this fight to take place early next year because it's gonna be a one sided fight. I'd like to see Marshall get a bit better in the professional ranks because excuses will be made

Comment

Not a fan of MMA or women’s boxing but i have seen this twatwaffle spew her ghetto garbage out of that big yap a lot more than i cared to hear. Makes me laugh seeing her lose. Just another Ronda Rousey. Eventually a puncher is going to kick her fat a**

Comment

Out come the alt right 4/8chan incels……yeah didn’t see that coming…..

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Out come the alt right 4/8chan incels……yeah didn’t see that coming…..
              Some guys never get tired of being banned.

No surprise here. Montes was younger, more experienced and not a broken down older lady like Shields' first MMA opponent.

I wonder if Shields will pack it in or continue down the MMA path. She didn't embarrass herself, but anyone with ground skills will overcome her.
              Last edited by markusmod; 10-27-2021, 10:37 PM.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Shields has heart for getting in there, but her MMA rn is very trash, even her MMA boxing is trash, it'll take her years or maybe never, shes way to stiff and afraid, not comfortable in MMA, definitely rushed for her want of money, should of taken an amateur route first, but we all know what this was, of course a Mexican took her pro 0 lol

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  Not a fan of MMA or women’s boxing but i have seen this twatwaffle spew her ghetto garbage out of that big yap a lot more than i cared to hear. Makes me laugh seeing her lose. Just another Ronda Rousey. Eventually a puncher is going to kick her fat a**
                  Not a fan, then
                  Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

Im here listening to this thread and bothered with how different I see things here... Seems to me that woman's MMA is the very essence of capricious. I mean we finally get Roussey who has the game, looks unbeatable, and patoey!! a decent punch destroys her, the Nunnes does it again... And that fighter that intiially destroyed Roussey? Great?, good? Good Golly miss Holly... and here we are with Nunnes. What can Nunnes do? Punch. Thats what greatness in woman's MMA has been reduced to.

Women lose MMA matches all the time. The only person that doesn't seem to lose is Nunnes, and Cyborg had a legit run, but with a lot of chemical help lol. Shields can probably punch as well as Amanda. She might have to learn how to use that punch differently in MMA... It shouldn't be a show stopper though. Its not like men's MMA where when you have a weakness it will be teased, exploited... They will James Toney your a s s if you can't take it on the ground...

Its not even relevant that Shields lost because it was a close match, could have gone the other way. Give shields a few more fights, let her look at how Nunnes plays the game, and IMO she can do anything she wants in the sport...

The last person who had devistating ground techniqhe that would take years to overcome was Roussey... Bottom line. And she was overcome really fast. She took such a beating that it really left her like Jeff Lacey. Just saying
                    Last edited by billeau2; 10-27-2021, 11:26 PM.
                    Nomadic Nomadic Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X