Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Wants More Gold, Hopes To Unify Titles in 2022

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jonathan Gonzalez Wants More Gold, Hopes To Unify Titles in 2022

The road to a world title wasn't easy for Jonathan "Bomba" Gonzalez (25-3-1). On October 16th, the 30-year-old resident of Puerto Rico captured the WBO light flyweight title when he upset Elwin Soto (19-2) in Fresno, California via split decision. The fight took place on the Mikey Garcia-Sandor Martin undercard that was streamed live on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No disrespect, but they're going to get Jonathon in a 16 foot ring, in Japan or Mexico, and that will be the end of that. He can't fight on heavyweight cards forever. Soto couldn't cut off a 20 foot ring, but none are that big in Japan, I don't think any are that big in Puerto Rico.

Comment

Felix Alvarado was targeting Gonzalez recent opponent, former WBO light-flyweight champ Elwin Soto and Felix also beat Jonathan Gonzalez fellow countryman ( Israel Vazquez ) on Alvarado's last appearance on DAZN. I dont know what is going on with Golden-Boy's contract with DAZN, but a unification makes sense; Alvarado vs. Gonzalez for the IBF-WBO 108 titles, do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        No disrespect, but they're going to get Jonathon in a 16 foot ring, in Japan or Mexico, and that will be the end of that. He can't fight on heavyweight cards forever. Soto couldn't cut off a 20 foot ring, but none are that big in Japan, I don't think any are that big in Puerto Rico.
        Lol. What does this even mean?

Comment

Kyoguchi is also a player at this weight holding the WBA and Ring belts. Good fights to be made in this division.

Comment

Working...
          X