Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: On Paper, This Fight With Shawn Porter Is My Toughest Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford: On Paper, This Fight With Shawn Porter Is My Toughest Test

Terence Crawford doesn't take exception to any claim that his next fight is a significant step up in class from his recent competition. In fact, it's why he sought out the challenge of Shawn Porter for upcoming title defense.
    [Click Here To Read More]

on paper? does that mean that he feels he has had a tougher challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
      on paper? does that mean that he feels he has had a tougher challenge?
      Good question. I think he may have used that expression because he believes he is as superior to Porter as he has been to all the others he has fought. Something being on paper is not the same as something being a fact. I think he's wrong though.

Comment

It's about time, you are 34 already, think about that.

Comment

Shawn Porter is not that good, hes a weight bully with less than mediocre power. Bud KOs him in 9.
          Vita Vita likes this.

Comment

I think he says on paper because he feels he's superior as well. However, he hasn't fought Porter yet and has had some good fights, so he can't say for sure until after the fight. If he easily beats Porter or KOs him early, then still "on paper" it was his toughest test (but in reality, not). They haven't fought yet so no one can say someone will or won't be until the fight is done.

Comment

Porter lost to Brook, whom he already beat. So technically on paper this isn't his toughest test.

Comment

To bad we never got to see Spence vs Crawford. Same as early/mid 90's. Never got to see Lewis vs Bowe. But this is probably second best fight to make at welter skelter

Comment

I have to say that I disagree with Terence Crawford on his assessment of 'Showtime' Shawn Porter : In 2010 Ricky Burns was considered the #1. Superfeather-weight when he beat Roman Martinez for the WBO 130 championship. Shawn Porter best win was Adrien Broner ( I had Danny Garcia beating Porter ), burns continued his outstanding career at lightweight, capturing the WBO lightweight interim vs. Michael Katsidis, then the full title off Moses Paulus.

In 2013, Ricky Burns was finally robbed against the drug cheat, Raymundo Beltran ; who went on to face Terence Crawford for the lightweight lineage. Its important to note that Shawn Porter's best win Adrian Broner was the only lightweight above Ricky Burns at 135 for his win over Antonio Demarco for the WBC lightweight championship.

What has Shawn Porter done that is better than Irelands first three weight champ, Ricky Burns? Nothing. I know what it is, its the glorified welterweight division, and PBC/Toprank propaganda -- the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao influence, that's it ; kinda like how HW has been over-glorified.

Shawn Porter's size and athletic ability is really what all the fuzz is about, I think he's trash ; Porter does not have the skills to compete at higher weights like the Rickster. There is no way that Shawn Porter beats the top 5 jr. middleweights, but Burns has done it three times.

Shawn Porter has recently talked about being inducted into the HOF, I think Ricky Burns is way ahead of you buddy ; how many title defenses have you had again? One successful IBF title defense against Paul Malignaggi, and one robbery vs. Yordenis Ugas for the WBC welterweight title? Yeah, see you in Canastota in 2097, Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Shawn Porter is not that good, hes a weight bully with less than mediocre power. Bud KOs him in 9.
                    Porter has never been koed though, are you sure you know what you are saying?

Comment

Working...
                    X