Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: A No-Brainer To Fight Tyson Fury Next; Not Gonna Put It Off To Fight Otto Wallin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte: A No-Brainer To Fight Tyson Fury Next; Not Gonna Put It Off To Fight Otto Wallin

Dillian Whyte understands Otto Wallin's frustration. Whyte, too, has had fights canceled or postponed while he was training. An unapologetic Whyte still considers it "a no-brainer" to pursue a WBC championship showdown with Tyson Fury once his injured left shoulder heals, rather than rescheduling his fight with Wallin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“This is a no-brainer – to fight Tyson Fury … the best heavyweight there’s been ever,” Whyte told Bunce for an episode that debuted Tuesday on BBC’s website.

OK, let's not go overboard! Fury has been on the deck 4 times in 3 fights! He's not the best ever! He's the best since Klitschko!

Comment

Is Whyte really going to motivate Fury? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        “This is a no-brainer – to fight Tyson Fury … the best heavyweight there’s been ever,” Whyte told Bunce for an episode that debuted Tuesday on BBC’s website.

OK, let's not go overboard! Fury has been on the deck 4 times in 3 fights! He's not the best ever! He's the best since Klitschko!
        Since Lewis

Fury is a stylistic nightmare for any version of Wlad and beats any version. He just had him completely worked out. Wlad never had enough tools to beat Fury with bis 3 punch arsenal and couldn’t rely on jab and grab. He was lost.

Although I have no problem if people want to say Wlad is greater than him in some mythical list we can never prove, because he had the longevity and stuff, which should be respected. But head-to-head, Fury would beat him seven days a week. That’s no disrespect to Wlad, just an awful style for him.
        Last edited by deathofaclown; 10-27-2021, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Since Lewis

Fury is a stylistic nightmare for any version of Wlad and beats any version. He just had him completely worked out. Wlad never had enough tools to beat Fury with bis 3 punch arsenal and couldn’t rely on jab and grab. He was lost.

Although I have no problem if people want to say Wlad is greater than him in some mythical list we can never prove, because he had the longevity and stuff, which should be respected. But head-to-head, Fury would beat him seven days a week. That’s no disrespect to Wlad, just an awful style for him.
          That's what I was saying. Fury ended the the Klitschko Era, and has been the best since then! He's not the "best ever!" If Deontay knocked him down 4 times in 3 fights, I doubt Fury would've beaten Lennox Lewis and Riddick Bowe!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Since Lewis

It's much like Joshua scared to commit thinking of what's coming back..stylistically a big fast man will always be a nightmare for wlad because he is petrified about being hit

Wlad has always had advantages in reach and controlling distance over his opposition and never really fought anybody of note ,haye passed the eye test for most people and wlad controlled him exceptionally better than people expected so he was really good at controlling smaller men even better than fury is ...it was wlads bread and butter to nullify smaller men

But wlads problem with Fury was that to get in punching range he would already be in furys punching range and that alone can nullify wlad completely

Wlad was far more timid than Joshua to take a punch but he did manage to make it work for him in fights where he had the physical advantages

I'm not taking credit away from fury but wladimir would always have trouble with someone bigger or similar stature to himself

Furys win over wladimir wasn't that impressive to be but only because wladimirs best win was David haye and he didn't exactly stop him either
            Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 10-27-2021, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I think people are getting carried away with fury, his wins against klitchko and wilder were very good but he is no where near great, boxing is a young man's game, he is not even on buster Douglas's level as of now, at buster douglus beat a prime unstopple Mike tyson and went on to fight top fighters, even a decade ago people would be slated to fight guys in there 30 s it doesn't count for much both klitchko and wilder best days we're well behind even in the fights they had before fury they looked auful. And both are old enough to be grandfather's, very good wins but no where near great and I feel If he fraught wilder in 2013 wilder stops him, it's clear wilder has aged
              Last edited by Sammy7861992; 10-27-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

It's much like Joshua scared to commit thinking of what's coming back..stylistically a big fast man will always be a nightmare for wlad because he is petrified about being hit

Wlad has always had advantages in reach and controlling distance over his opposition and never really fought anybody of note ,haye passed the eye test for most people and wlad controlled him exceptionally better than people expected so he was really good at controlling smaller men even better than fury is ...it was wlads bread and butter to nullify smaller men

But wlads problem with Fury was that to get in punching range he would already be in furys punching range and that alone can nullify wlad completely

Wlad was far more timid than Joshua to take a punch but he did manage to make it work for him in fights where he had the physical advantages

I'm not taking credit away from fury but wladimir would always have trouble with someone bigger or similar stature to himself

Furys win over wladimir wasn't that impressive to be but only because wladimirs best win was David haye and he didn't exactly stop him either
                Wlad was always a beatable fighter, well we know he had early losses, but after that when he changed his style, he never seemed like he become unstoppable or anything.

He was always pretty basic in some aspects, he just developed a super effective style that was going to work against everyone around at the time. He had some deceptively good attributes, such as quicker feet than people expect, especially moving back out of range, that’s why David Haye struggled so much. But in terms of his offence, he basically had a jab, left hook and straight right hand.

Fury’s performance was still excellent though. We can highlight Wlad’s flaws, but pretty much every fighter has them, it takes a very good fighter to target those flaws and exploit them with a good game plan, which Fury did.

Fury was always going to be a stylistic nightmare for Wlad, but that doesn’t guarantee a win. It’s world-class heavyweight boxing, You have to be very good to make that potential stylistic nightmare come into fruition and get you the victory. I picked Fury to win that fight on here because I believe if he could execute a good game plan, then he completely nullifies Wlad, which he did. But only a very good fighter could carry it out.

Comment

Don’t have a serious problem with Whyte,

But my main takeaway on this article is his assertion that Wallin can’t ‘talk properly’.

…….Dillian Whyte said someone else can’t talk properly…..

Comment

Yes fight fury, not wallin. Wall in can fight someone else. The 15k won't have gone to waste, Wall in can beat another credible fighter. Fight Dubois or joyce if you like brits
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 10-27-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X