Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Herring: ESPN Main Event Averaged 1,233,000 Viewers; Peaked At 1,264,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Herring: ESPN Main Event Averaged 1,233,000 Viewers; Peaked At 1,264,000

The Shakur Stevenson-Jamel Herring fight mostly maintained an audience in excess of 1.2 million late Saturday night, despite the one-sided nature of a main event ESPN televised.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm no Nielsen Ratings Expert but those seem like decent numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      I'm no Nielsen Ratings Expert but those seem like decent numbers.
      They are decent considering it wasn't that huge of an event the undercard wasn't that great just a bunch of showcase fights for relatives of legends that might be another reason for the numbers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
        They are decent considering it wasn't that huge of an event the undercard wasn't that great just a bunch of showcase fights for relatives of legends that might be another reason for the numbers as well.
        Man I hope the Nico Ali Walsh thing isn't a major reason for the decent numbers (although it wouldn't surprise me). I have nothing against the grandson but I'd rather it be because people wanted to see a title fight between two rated fighters.

Overall it was a pretty painful card to watch.

Comment

The main event would've averaged higher ratings had it one not started so late and 2 not had over 40 mins in between bouts

Comment

Looks like an all around win for the kid. Not a fan but he has some serious skill. He doesn't have that Mayweather bravado, lays it on too thick too soon for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Man I hope the Nico Ali Walsh thing isn't a major reason for the decent numbers (although it wouldn't surprise me). I have nothing against the grandson but I'd rather it be because people wanted to see a title fight between two rated fighters.

Overall it was a pretty painful card to watch.
              Nico Ali has a good right hand good placement and technique but his defense is terrible. I agree though it would be nice for more interest to be shown towards the champions regardless of their popularity.

Comment

Considering this doesn’t take into account those who watched it via apps and streaming like me this is excellent. Well done Top rank and ESPN well done indeed
                champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  Considering this doesn’t take into account those who watched it via apps and streaming like me this is excellent. Well done Top rank and ESPN well done indeed
                  That's a key point, does NOT include the views on ESPN+.

Good stuff indeed.
                  Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

That's a key point, does NOT include the views on ESPN+.

Good stuff indeed.
                    Or apps like Hulu, YouTube tv, etc etc. The real number may be twice that for all we know or more

Comment

Working...
                    X