Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Jr: My Leg Is Never Gonna Be A Hundred Percent; Has Rods, Screws In It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jose Benavidez Jr: My Leg Is Never Gonna Be A Hundred Percent; Has Rods, Screws In It

Jose Benavidez Jr. knew his unreliable right leg would impact his performance at some point the longer his welterweight title fight against Terence Crawford lasted.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just gotta adapt. If you’re gonna keep fighting with a bad leg you have no other choice. Gotta find a way to over compensate in another area of your game to make up for that deficiency

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
      Just gotta adapt. If you’re gonna keep fighting with a bad leg you have no other choice. Gotta find a way to over compensate in another area of your game to make up for that deficiency
      I think its hard to compensate for fighting on one good leg. Benavidez also gave crawford a good fight on one leg. Benavidez was also tipped to be the better fighter and brother back in the day.
      Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Benavides is 29!

I remember when there was a bidding war for him and Frankie Gomez, as highly touted 15-16 year old prospects coming out of the Amateurs. They would’ve been a lock to hold an alphabet title once in their career.

Even though Benavidez’ looked slow footed against Crawford, he looked sturdy and determined. If the titles were in lesser hands, he could have a shot at taking one. At this point, Top Rabk should keep him busy and wait until Spence vacates or is stripped of one of his titles.
        Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
          Benavides is 29!

I remember when there was a bidding war for him and Frankie Gomez, as highly touted 15-16 year old prospects coming out of the Amateurs. They would’ve been a lock to hold an alphabet title once in their career.

Even though Benavidez’ looked slow footed against Crawford, he looked sturdy and determined. If the titles were in lesser hands, he could have a shot at taking one. At this point, Top Rabk should keep him busy and wait until Spence vacates or is stripped of one of his titles.
          His next fight is on a PBC card with his brother so I don’t think he’s with TR anymore, I could be wrong though.

Frankie Gomez man what a waste. I visited the Wild Card back in like 2014-2015 I believe, & met him, Freddie & Mario Lopez. Freddie was so high on Gomez, he told me at least 3x to watch how special this dude was gonna be. What a shame
          Heru Heru likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
            Benavides is 29!

The fact that he gave Crawford such a good fight on that bad leg makes me believe he can do alright with others, especially if it has improved just a little bit. Dude is still young and if he wants it bad enough he can make some adjustments. Plenty of great fighters out there who have had a hell of a career with less than stellar footwork
            Heru Heru likes this.

Comment

Yeah very unfortunate

I had very high hopes for Jose Benavidez Jr. as well as Frankie Gomez, both came up around the same time...

Heru Heru likes this.

Comment

The terminator never complained and he was made up entirely of screws and rods.

Comment

The Benavidez brothers are gangbangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    The Benavidez brothers are gangbangers.
                    That's better than, being bang ganger

Comment

Working...
                    X