Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: Not A Lot Surprised Me About Canelo, Apart From How Hard He Was To Hit Clean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Smith: Not A Lot Surprised Me About Canelo, Apart From How Hard He Was To Hit Clean

Callum Smith deemed the recent press conference exchange between Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant as a microcosm of what makes the Mexican icon boxing's best fighter, pound-for-pound.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hey Keith idec, Smith is 28-1 not 28-2. Please correct...you Canelo detractor LMFAO

Ca$hnelo dominated Borat. DEAL. WITH. IT.

Comment

Canelo is an outstanding fighter, but I don't think Callum should talk about the slap at the press conference with Plant, that's just silly stuff.

Canelo pushed Plant, and what was Caleb supposed to do, allow that? Then the sunglasses scratched Plant underneath his right eye. Much Ado about nothing.

Smith was so timid against Canelo. It didn't look like he tried to win from the first round. He's not a bad fighter though.

Comment

I don't think Callum Smith's anywhere near as bad as some posters say, and I can see him doing well at LHW.

But unfortunately for him, if he does do well, he's gonna have to relive getting pounded to the body and missing his shots when Canelo's back in his division

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Canelo is an outstanding fighter, but I don't think Callum should talk about the slap at the press conference with Plant, that's just silly stuff.

Canelo pushed Plant, and what was Caleb supposed to do, allow that? Then the sunglasses scratched Plant underneath his right eye. Much Ado about nothing.

Smith was so timid against Canelo. It didn't look like he tried to win from the first round. He's not a bad fighter though.
          Smith went in the Canelo fight like he had nothing to lose. He didntvseem to care if he won. He got a stupid amount of money for his loss and built in excuse to move up because 168 was alot of weight cutting. I'm not saying Canelo wouldnt beat him 99 out of 100 but a little effort from Smith wouldve at least counted for something
          Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post
            I don't think Callum Smith's anywhere near as bad as some posters say, and I can see him doing well at LHW.

But unfortunately for him, if he does do well, he's gonna have to relive getting pounded to the body and missing his shots when Canelo's back in his division
            Regarding your first paragraph, I am afraid that people say the same about Caleb Plant after the bout. Canelo is the best fighter in the world at the moment, imo.
            Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Well GGG hit him clean many a times in their first match. Now he is even more improved

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
                Well GGG hit him clean many a times in their first match. Now he is even more improved
                I'm a triple G fan but I don't remember him hitting Canelo clean that much if at all. The ones that hit him he seemed to ride pretty well, I can only ever remember jabs landing clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Smith went in the Canelo fight like he had nothing to lose. He didntvseem to care if he won. He got a stupid amount of money for his loss and built in excuse to move up because 168 was alot of weight cutting. I'm not saying Canelo wouldnt beat him 99 out of 100 but a little effort from Smith wouldve at least counted for something
                  I think people glaze over the fact that these are world champions supposedly not trying to win and/or just looking like bums against Canelo. The common factor here is Canelo. He really is that good that he makes any fighter who is not elite look average. Another poster on here made a sincere, but hilarious comment a while back about Canelo being overrated. He insisted that Canelo only looks good because his opponents all just have their worst nights when they face him. Canelo isn't any good; he's just super lucky that all of his opponents have off nights against him.
                  Last edited by NachoMan; 10-26-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

I think people glaze over the fact that these are world champions supposedly not trying to win and/or just looking like bums against Canelo. The common factor here is Canelo. He really is that good that he makes any fighter who is not elite look average. Another poster on here made a sincere, but hilarious comment a while back about Canelo being overrated. He insisted that Canelo only looks good because his opponents all just have their worst nights when they face him. Canelo isn't any good; he's just super lucky that all of his opponents have off nights against him.
                    No hes really that good right now but for the most part his most recent opponents are beat before they get in the ring. That helps him alot

Comment

Working...
                    X