Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ioka-Ancajas: Talks Ongoing For Title Unification Clash New Year's Eve In Japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ioka-Ancajas: Talks Ongoing For Title Unification Clash New Year's Eve In Japan

Kazuto Ioka isn't done pursuing history. BoxingScene.com has learned that talks are ongoing for Japan's Ioka to face Philippines Jerwin Ancajas in a planned WBO/IBF junior bantamweight title unification bout. Should the two sides reach a deal, the bout will take place New Year's Eve in Japan--a tradition that Ioka has enjoyed nearly every year dating back to 2011.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The pressure is on Jerwin Ancajas, when is he going to step up?
    Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      The pressure is on Jerwin Ancajas, when is he going to step up?
      Idiotic statement. Jerwin has been knocking out everyone in front of him, mostly fighting in his opponents backyard making a name for himself as a road warrior. He steps up.

Comment

Originally posted by HighLightReal View Post

Idiotic statement. Jerwin has been knocking out everyone in front of him, mostly fighting in his opponents backyard making a name for himself as a road warrior. He steps up.

Who are the killers that Jerwin has slayed? By the way, I was a big fan of Ancajas ; I made this piece years ago when I thought Jerwin would face the top Superfly weights -- I think it was like in 2017. Maybe this year he might actually face a elite champion? you know now that they are really old and about to retire like Kazuto Ioka.
        BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Helluva fight. Is this just talk or is it really in the works?

Comment

Ioka, KO, Mid

Comment

Ancajas and Nietes who had beaten Ioka were the two most avoided fighter in the lower weight division..

Comment

Ancajas, Ko, Late

Comment

One of the best fights to be made

Comment

Ioka has a chance to win due to Ancajas' inactivity but if Ancajas would be able to adjust early he may win the fight by Unanimous Decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X