Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Feels Joshua Needs To Rediscover His Aggression To Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Feels Joshua Needs To Rediscover His Aggression To Beat Usyk

Former cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew has urged Anthony Joshua to rediscover the aggression that he showed several years ago, as the British star will aim to get revenge in a 2022 rematch with Oleksandr Usyk.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bellew and Froch are 100 % correct in saying that should be AJ's strategy. But, all that will do is make it a more exciting fight for how long it lasts. Because eventually AJ will walk into something. Usyk is too sharp with his punches and AJ's chin is shot. You don't have to be a big puncher to KO Joshua anymore. Usyk beat him the first time and will beat him quite handily the second time. Same as Fury vs Wilder 1&2. Usyk unlocked that key in that final round.

Comment

Originally posted by breeto80 View Post
      Bellew and Froch are 100 % correct in saying that should be AJ's strategy. But, all that will do is make it a more exciting fight for how long it lasts. Because eventually AJ will walk into something. Usyk is too sharp with his punches and AJ's chin is shot. You don't have to be a big puncher to KO Joshua anymore. Usyk beat him the first time and will beat him quite handily the second time. Same as Fury vs Wilder 1&2. Usyk unlocked that key in that final round.
      His chin is not shot. The only fighter i know that has cracked his chin and he has fallen is Klitschko and he bounced straight back up. Ruiz was a temple shot. Granted its not the most secure chin . As for Usyk i think it was more the flurry of punches and him being exhausted. Not saying he stuck his tongue out because he enjoyed the punches in the 12th but he had his wits about him still. In fact who knows maybe he didn't but if he cant go gun ho in the rematch and he is worried about the punches coming back his way from Usyk because lets be honest he is sharp and accurate puncher but in terms of power puncher he is near the bottom of the division. yes the accumulation of punches will take its toll on Aj like it did in the first fight, but from that first bellin the rematch whilst fresh he has to swarm Usyk. End of conversation, if he gets knocked out in the process so be it

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

His chin is not shot. The only fighter i know that has cracked his chin and he has fallen is Klitschko and he bounced straight back up. Ruiz was a temple shot. Granted its not the most secure chin . As for Usyk i think it was more the flurry of punches and him being exhausted. Not saying he stuck his tongue out because he enjoyed the punches in the 12th but he had his wits about him still. In fact who knows maybe he didn't but if he cant go gun ho in the rematch and he is worried about the punches coming back his way from Usyk because lets be honest he is sharp and accurate puncher but in terms of power puncher he is near the bottom of the division. yes the accumulation of punches will take its toll on Aj like it did in the first fight, but from that first bellin the rematch whilst fresh he has to swarm Usyk. End of conversation, if he gets knocked out in the process so be it
        Yeah, he was flailing against the ropes in the 12th out of sheer exhaustion more than anything else. He wasn't hurt at all.

Comment

He also needs a bigger engine cuz he gasses big time, especially when he's hurt he can't recover

Comment

"Drop the nut on him?!?" That seems a bit desperate.
            sege64 sege64 Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post

Idk whether its his chin specifically or not, but AJ's overall punch resistance just seems to fade dramatically as he tires. If he gets in any kind of boxing match at all with Usyk, the same **** is going to happen again. He's going to get feinted and pot-shotted to hell, then he's going to fade badly and probably get KO'd. He doesn't believe it, but he 100% needs a new training team.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Idk whether its his chin specifically or not, but AJ's overall punch resistance just seems to fade dramatically as he tires. If he gets in any kind of boxing match at all with Usyk, the same **** is going to happen again. He's going to get feinted and pot-shotted to hell, then he's going to fade badly and probably get KO'd. He doesn't believe it, but he 100% needs a new training team.
                I couldn't agree more

Comment

Bellew is an idiot and its guys like that in his camp that are part of the problem.

I thought people were quick to judge when they were writing Joshua off in the Ruiz rematch but, this time, I legit think he is done. The division is too deep now (first time its been that way in about 25 years) and, unless Joshua has a complete overhaul of his team, then its curtains. Bellew was the same idiot claiming Joshua was the best athlete in boxing and how he fully expected a KO from Joshua. I honestly now don't know how anyone could have expected a dominant win from Joshua in that Usyk fight, it ended up being an even worse performance than expected.

The problem Joshua has is that everything about his image and possibly even his training is manufactured. I honestly didn't get the impression from the last fight that he was a guy who put a good amount into his camp. I don't think he is lazy but I don't think he is training particularly rigorously either. Fury had an awful camp but you saw him disappear for a good two months prior to the Wilder fight. I legit believe Fury is a bull****ter who lets his physique fool people into thinking he doesn't think about boxing night and day, he's a true student of the game. Joshua, on the other hand, strikes me as someone who has gotten too comfortable with his Sheffield amateur set-up and hasn't really made any real improvements for years. Its starting to catch up now. The tragedy is Joshua's fans and handlers all seem to be enamoured with his fame and seem to be convinced he is something he is not.

His chin is ****ed, anyone can see that. He was stumbling multiple times from shots Usyk threw in like the 3rd round. And yet there are people still trying to convince us that the dude has an OK chin. Its ****ing mental.
                  Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post
                    Bellew is an idiot and its guys like that in his camp that are part of the problem.

I thought people were quick to judge when they were writing Joshua off in the Ruiz rematch but, this time, I legit think he is done. The division is too deep now (first time its been that way in about 25 years) and, unless Joshua has a complete overhaul of his team, then its curtains. Bellew was the same idiot claiming Joshua was the best athlete in boxing and how he fully expected a KO from Joshua. I honestly now don't know how anyone could have expected a dominant win from Joshua in that Usyk fight, it ended up being an even worse performance than expected.

The problem Joshua has is that everything about his image and possibly even his training is manufactured. I honestly didn't get the impression from the last fight that he was a guy who put a good amount into his camp. I don't think he is lazy but I don't think he is training particularly rigorously either. Fury had an awful camp but you saw him disappear for a good two months prior to the Wilder fight. I legit believe Fury is a bull****ter who lets his physique fool people into thinking he doesn't think about boxing night and day, he's a true student of the game. Joshua, on the other hand, strikes me as someone who has gotten too comfortable with his Sheffield amateur set-up and hasn't really made any real improvements for years. Its starting to catch up now. The tragedy is Joshua's fans and handlers all seem to be enamoured with his fame and seem to be convinced he is something he is not.

His chin is ****ed, anyone can see that. He was stumbling multiple times from shots Usyk threw in like the 3rd round. And yet there are people still trying to convince us that the dude has an OK chin. Its ****ing mental.

Largely agree, but I will argue the chin point night and day. I will say, right now that any HW who takes HW punches flush on the chin or temple is going down.

The reason we don’t just see boxers falling over every minute of a fight is not just because they’re incredibly ****ing hard nuts who can take a cannonball to the face…. It’s because they can take the heat off a shot with head movement.

I will argue all day that Joshua’s lack of decent head movement, which partly derives from the fact that he fights standing square and has appalling general footwork, means he is more likely to be subject to full contact from punches, unlike e.g. Fury.

Fury’s a man who knows how to move his feet and often makes sure his head is on the move before the haymaker connects. Anyone will remember that, everytime he got knocked down vs Wilder, his feet were caught underneath him, meaning his head was a sitting duck.

I’m asserting that Joshua’s head is constantly a sitting duck and, thus, makes him appear more vulnerable to power than most.

Comment

Working...
                    X