Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Ref Did Right Thing Stopping Herring Fight; It Was Gonna Get Bad In There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Ref Did Right Thing Stopping Herring Fight; It Was Gonna Get Bad In There

ATLANTA - Shakur Stevenson doesn't agree with those that contend Jamel Herring should've been afforded an opportunity to continue in their one-sided junior lightweight title fight Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Shut up clown.. make it get bad.. it’s the hurt business.. you ain’t drop shyt!!!

Comment

I thought it was premature

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        I thought it was premature
        No doubt it was early, but the wiring was on the wall. Stevenson was hitting him at will with power shots on the cut, it was just a matter of time. I'm sure herring is pissed, but also secretly he's maybe a little thankful that he didn't have to take any more punishment.
        BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

The champ was still fighting and wasnt hurt. He was losing but so what. This isnt England and it isnt a 4 rounder. No championship should be stopped like that. I smell Vegas.
          Last edited by Wacked_Out; 10-24-2021, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
            The champ was still fighting and wasnt hurt. He was losing but so what. This isnt England and it isnt a 4 rounder. No championship should be stopped like that. I smell Vegas.
            Nah the ref was just a bit conservative,
            he’d lost every round, didn’t look like landing anything to end the fight in the entire contest, is not a heavy puncher anyway, it was a minute too early perhaps, but he’d lost at that point, the ref is seeing the shots land cleanly and was just giving Herring a chance to fight another day, although not sure we need to see it, Herring looked terrible in that company, can’t see him holding a belt ever again,

Comment

I am tired of today's referees trying to make it all about themselves. It all started with irritating Kenny Bayless. They get more camera time than the boxers. They are in every shot/every angle - and they still mess up. While Herring was getting beat, there was no need for the referee to stop that fight when he did. Today's referees and refereeing style really needs to be investigated. They are interfering with the outcomes of fights

Comment

was clearly VEGAS.. the over/under on the fight was 10.5 rounds.. you know there was plenty of money dropped on the over.. what a blatant disgrace

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
                  I am tired of today's referees trying to make it all about themselves. It all started with irritating Kenny Bayless. They get more camera time than the boxers. They are in every shot/every angle - and they still mess up. While Herring was getting beat, there was no need for the referee to stop that fight when he did. Today's referees and refereeing style really needs to be investigated. They are interfering with the outcomes of fights
                  Besides the stoppage, I kept thinking that ref wouldnt let them fight up close. (Herrings only chance). He was quick to separate them.

Comment

Stevenson was clearly winning and stepping it up. I thought it was a bad stoppage in terms of respect to the champion. Let him go out on the shield

Comment

Working...
                    X