Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nico Ali Walsh: I'm Blessed That I'm Following The Legacy of My Grandfather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nico Ali Walsh: I'm Blessed That I'm Following The Legacy of My Grandfather

At the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, unbeaten prospect Nico Ali Walsh (2-0, 2 KOs) had to go a little longer than his one-round August pro debut, but he was dominant in knocking out James Westley II (1-1) in the third round of a middleweight special attraction.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder….is he trying to go all the way to a title shot or is he just doing this for now, in a celebrity type manner? He really shows the lack of W solid amateur background

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      I wonder….is he trying to go all the way to a title shot or is he just doing this for now, in a celebrity type manner? He really shows the lack of W solid amateur background
      The kid is going to try to go as far as he can he already said that, he said that if he fails he fails if he wins he wins its all about trying in one of his older interviews.

From watching his fights this kid has real fighting skill, he just needs to keep polishing, has hand speed, good pop, good stamina, good chin, they he is growing they need to keep feeding him guys like this on undercards to get experience and get him a good trainer.

Comment

I wish him luck, he seems to be a likeable young man. He has some pop and some decent offensive skills, defense not quite there.

I just really hope they dial back the constant reminding who his grandfather is and the various back stories associated with that relationship. I understand that's what they're marketing but it's just a tad excessive. It would also be alot more tearable if it was someone other than Kreigel doing the story telling.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg ifc ifc like this.

Comment

All I am seeing is a cash grab off the Ali name by this kid and Top Rank. He will soon run into someone who had to EARN his spot on a televised card and then we'll see how bad he wants to be in the ring.

Comment

ESPN and there hype crew can do a disservice to fighters with a name or a history the way the PEN just hammers away instead of letting the fighters develop in front of the fans. I have turned away from the development of several fighters bc of all the hype that I can not listen to or watch. A little goes a long way but they reverse it and kill off viewers of the fight game. They all do it but those guys make it a disservice to the fighters development. Can even turn fans agaist a young fighter.

Comment

Walsh vs young Holyfield would create a ton of hype. They only one weight class apart

Comment

Working...
              X