Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Has Not Split With Rob McCracken, Says Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Has Not Split With Rob McCracken, Says Hearn

Anthony Joshua toured the United States in recent days following his unanimous decision loss to Oleksandr Usyk contemplating advice from a cavalcade of coaches.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Had to be done, needs to change it up, and McCracken ain't the man with the plan. That's not to say he won't get beat again, but he needs to roll the dice.
    Last edited by vital1983; 10-24-2021, 10:33 AM.
    NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

Why has he not split? he needs to split and let the World know " Rob ' brilliant job' Mccracken you have been sacked for your diabolical coaching and dog **** game plan. You let a Cruiserweight tee off on me and back me up. "

He needs a coach to tell him he ain't Sh*it and another loss you might go down in the the all time greatest heavyweights 5 places below Frank Bruno

Comment

People love to hate, whether it's AJ, McCracken, Hearn, Fury whoever.

Life is short. AJ can do what he likes. He's a level headed lad with smart people around him.

He's either going to be good enough to beat Usyk or not.

Comment

"We were on a break!"

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
            People love to hate, whether it's AJ, McCracken, Hearn, Fury whoever.

Life is short. AJ can do what he likes. He's a level headed lad with smart people around him.

He's either going to be good enough to beat Usyk or not.
            People saying AJ needs to get back to his older aggressive style, But also saying he should ditch his trainer. They should remember he was at his most aggressive when he was just working with McCracken and not bringing in others trainers into his camp like he has done for the past couple of years.

I think he should either have a change of scenery or go back to basics with McCracken and ditch all the pad holders he brought in.

Ultimately he was naive enough to think he could outbox Usyk, that’s the top and bottom of it. Now he knows he can’t. So he has to have a completely different gameplan next time, I don’t think a new trainer is going to change much in 5 months. He just needs another plan and the right mentality, But even that’s probably not enough, I think Usyk is just all wrong for him and can dictate the fight style. That’s why I picked Usyk to win the first fight and believe he wins again.

I suppose the good thing for AJ is he definitely knows what he can’t do in the next fight. So it should ideally give him a clearer gameplay next time, I don’t think you really need to change trainers for that.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 10-24-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

People saying AJ needs to get back to his older aggressive style, But also saying he should ditch his trainer. They should remember he was at his most aggressive when he was just working with his trainer and not bringing in others trainers into his camp like he has done for the past couple of years.

I think he should either have a change of scenery or go back to basics with McCracken and ditch all the pad holders he brought in.

Ultimately he was naive enough to think he could outbox Usyk, that’s the top and bottom of it. Now he knows he can’t. So he has to have a completely different gameplan next time, I don’t think a new trainer isn’t going to change much in 5 months. He just needs another plan and the right mentality, But even that’s probably not enough, I think Usyk is just all wrong for him and can dictate the fight style.

I suppose the good thing for AJ is he definitely knows what he can’t do in the next fight. So it should ideally give him a clearer gameplay next time, I don’t think you really need to change trainers for that.

Thing is, I think AJ’s previous aggression manifested itself in spite of his coach and not because of him. McCracken wanted AJ to become a different boxer ages ago, because he knows you can’t just expect to mow everyone down in the ring.

Problem is, he’s not a particularly brilliant coach and AJ’s not a particularly intelligent fighter. He may as well have just stuck to his old style and seen how far he could go with it

Comment

Freddie Roach gets plenty of hate, but he was the one that called for Fury to march forward and try to knock Wilder out, and this was as far back as 2018.
                Everyone thought he was nuts, but he’s been proved right and had no credit for it.

The assumption was that you had to stay out of Wilder’s way for 12 rounds. No-one else spotted that you could get in tight to Wilder and nullify the leverage he needs for the haymaker while damaging him.

I think Joshua could do a lot worse than getting with an offensive trainer, is my point.

He’s naturally an offensive fighter, he’s not particularly gifted with ring IQ, nor does he know how to guard or tie the opposition up without getting clocked in the head. If he hasn’t learnt some of these fundamentals by now, he may as well go for broke.

Not that I think it’ll be enough for Usyk, but it will keep him near the top of the division in the aftermath

Comment

Also Eddie of Rematchroom :
                  We are in negotiations with Usyk sweetening the pot adding a rematch clause to the rematch.

Comment

With Joshua it's all mental breakdown. A strong willed trainer will get him to believe
                    in himself again. Andy Ruiz lost the rematch on the scale before stepping in the ring.
                    That won't be the case this time.
                    wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X