Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring vs. Shakur Stevenson - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamel Herring vs. Shakur Stevenson - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard

Herring, Stevenson Scorecard BoxingScene Live - Top Rank junior lightweights Jamel "Semper Fi" Herring and Shakur Stevenson have exchanged verbal volleys in person and on social media, and they will settle the score Saturday, Oct. 23, live on ESPN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is it me or is Stevenson fighting flat footed?

Comment

Is anybody else bored by these fights where a fighter can't be hit by power shots because they duck down to the side away from their opponent? It's like watching a chess match where one player does not know the proper move in response to the most basic pawn openings. Of course if you don't know the most basic strategic counter to even the first move of the match, let alone 50 moves deep, then you will lose and it won't be close. When your opponent downs back, you have to step with them off the line or while changing head position with them, but to a counter position, and then use that position against them by picking them up with the right hook back into the left hand. You have to feint that them out of position. I mean, there are tons of things you can do, much more than I know. You can level change low with your opponent. You can kep feinting until your opponent doesnt know when to come back into position and when not to. But Herring does none of these things, he just lets him do it.

Loma dealt with that position somewhat well vs Rigo when Rigo leaned down and but, but even Loma was too reliant on the jab, and failed at basic strategy t o land power shots against that position. But Herring is taking that strategic incompetence to a new level. It's boring. It's amateur hour. How do you not know how to react to the most basic defensive move? It makes the rest of the fight boring because you can't even do the basics.
      Last edited by Boxing Logic; 10-23-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

boring...no drama.

Comment

What a dog **** fight. Boooooring

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Is anybody else bored by these fights where a fighter can't be hit by power shots because they duck down to the side away from their opponent? It's like watching a chess match where one player does not know the proper move in response to the most basic pawn openings. Of course if you don't know the most basic strategic counter to even the first move of the match, let alone 50 moves deep, then you will lose and it won't be close. When your opponent downs back, you have to step with them off the line, and then use that position against them by picking them up with the right hook. You have to feint that them out of position. I mean, there are tons of things you can do, much more than I know. But Herring just lets him do it.

Loma dealt with that position somewhat well vs Rigo when Rigo leaned down and but, but even Loma was too reliant on the jab, and failed at basic strategy t o land power shots against that position. But Herring is taking that strategic incompetence to a new level. It's boring. It's amateur hour. How do you not know how to react to the most basic defensive move? It makes the rest of the fight boring because you can't even do the basics.
            If you’re picking apart technical shortcomings of Lomachenko against Rigo then you may be a bit too cerebral to enjoy any fight.
            Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

How in blue f*kk could you people call that boring??????

Comment

It was like watching a sparring session...

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  How in blue f*kk could you people call that boring??????
                  It’s probably the one sidedness of it. Herring had nothing for Stevenson - no power, less skills, slower, older & shop worn. No real drama or test, just a guy with a name. the fight went pretty much how everyone expected to.

That said it wasn’t boring per se, just wasn’t too exciting considering the gap between the two guys

Comment

I liked that Stevenson was slightly more aggressive in this one. He needs more of this in the future he was exciting in spurts but I noticed that he takes his foot off the gas when he gets hit back. I’m a little curious about his gas tank. He didnt show obvious signs of fatigue, but like Bradley pointed out he takes a lot of breaks in there especially after the 5th round.

Herring had nothing to capitalize on. His punches were sloppy, his range was bad, he constantly kept overshooting his punches & he didn’t look like he had any kinda steam on anything he did land.

Would be interesting to see someone like Navarrete who’s gonna just keep coming forward and constantly throwing with the hard awkward punches. That’s the only fight I see giving him problems unless he moves up to 135. The funny thing is Navarrete is bigger but would be coming up to challenge Shakur.

I don’t see anyone at 130 beating Shakur. Valdez will look just as bad as he did in his last fight. Stevenson outboxes him fairly easy. Oscar is too small, slower, and less skilled. More power but won’t be able to land it on Shakur
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X