Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Herring: You've Gotta Make Shakur Uncomfortable; Fight From Start To Finish Each Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Herring: You've Gotta Make Shakur Uncomfortable; Fight From Start To Finish Each Round

ATLANTA - Jamel Herring doesn't fight anything like Jeremiah Nakathila. Herring is an active, skillful southpaw, whereas the limited Nakathila is a pure puncher who is overly reliant on landing right hands. That said, Herring noted Nakathila's mistakes during the Namibian contender's 12-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Stevenson on June 12 in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Punch him in the hip and thigh.

Comment

I put £10 on Jamel at 5:1. I like the way he's talking. He knows what is needed. Obviously that don't mean he can execute but, to me, those are too wide odds. My big concern is whether Jamel still has the stamina at 35, but he looks as fit as a butcher's dog. He hasn't ever taken a lot of damage inside the ring & I've never heard of him abusing his body outside of it with drugs, excessive drinking or bloating up & having to boil down so I hope he'll manage. He came over as such a level-headed, unassuming guy when he whipped Frampton.
      trippleupper trippleupper likes this.

Comment

Also, Jamel will come forward behind a stiff left jab, forcing Shakur to move side to side. It is then on Jamel to try to push him around the ring so there are 'no safe spaces'. If Shakur is on the back foot Jamel can always sling the odd right hand. It probably will miss but he won't suffer for it & it'll keep Shakur honest. TBH, I think it may only be in the championship rounds that Jamel's chin & punch are tested. What will be tested mainly is Jamel's cardio because he is going to have to put in a phenomenal workrate for 12 rounds to beat Shakur.

Comment

Working...
        X