Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wallin: I Feel I Can Beat Whyte, Earn My Shot To Fight Fury Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wallin: I Feel I Can Beat Whyte, Earn My Shot To Fight Fury Again

Otto Wallin has spoken of the disappointment he felt when Dillian Whyte pulled out of their scheduled October 30 fight last week.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So does Hearn !

Comment

He certainly deserves to be compensated for his Costs. He has nowhere as deep as pockets as Whyte. So if Whyte carries on to other fights Wallin should not be left holding the bill he ran up training in good faith.

Comment

Feel sorry for Wallin, but when they made this fight, the WBC didn't announce that Whyte would be mandatory - The situation changed.
        So real or not, doesn't matter, he's taking the bigger fight.

Of course they will choose to fight Fury instead.

Hopefully Wallin gets a shot later, but he's not even ranked top 15 for WBC, so it's a really crap situation for him.

His best chance would be Whyte beating Fury then tidying up this mess, although he'll probably look to AJ instead.
        Last edited by M312; 10-23-2021, 08:10 AM.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

This guy is weird.

Boxing has too many entitled boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            So does Hearn !
            Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

That ship has sailed unfortunately. I would like to see Matchroom at the very least get Wallin a fight one the Lopez or Haney undercard.

Comment

They've offered him a couple of fights so far but no interest, one was Babic who you'd think he beat.

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                That ship has sailed unfortunately. I would like to see Matchroom at the very least get Wallin a fight one the Lopez or Haney undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  This would be fair, but sounds like he's rejecting the offers. He felt this was a good shortcut to a title shot, and it's got taken away at the last second. Now he needs to look at climbing the rankings, which he isn't very high on.

Do feel bad for the guy, but this is boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
                    They've offered him a couple of fights so far but no interest, one was Babic who you'd think he beat.

I wouldn't want to have to fight Babic instead of Whyte either. Babic is like 7-0 or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X