Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia To Continue Career At 140 Pounds Following Loss To Sandor Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia To Continue Career At 140 Pounds Following Loss To Sandor Martin

Mikey Garcia is rethinking his career following a massive upset loss via majority decision to Sandor Martin. The former four-division champion is eyeing a move back down to 140 after campaigning at welterweight in a 2020 win over Jessie Vargas, and a one-sided loss to Errol Spence Jr. in 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Atleast there was some good that came out of that humiliating performance,its about time. No reason to fight victor or zepeda,will not fight Jose Ramirez as theyre good friends and no incentive for Taylor to fight Mikey right now.

So that leaves Regis or Tank. The money wasn't there for Regis so why not do a Tank vs Mikey on PPV?? It"ll draw the Hispanic crowd and give tank his first legitimate win in 5yrs if he can pull it off.

Comment

Go right for Zepeda. Took a little too much punishment in that Baranchyk fight, good name and decent boxing while it lasts. That would put him back in the mix at 140.

Comment

I guess it took two humiliating losses (at different levels) to get it through his thick skull that he isn’t a welterweight
          NC Uppercut NC Uppercut likes this.

Comment

Mikey Garcia vs. Mario Barrios! MAN UP!
            champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

I’ll give Mikey a pass for looking like sh.it because of the long lay off and the type of opponent he faced… now, if he wants to redeem himself he should get that rematch asap and knock the guy out! Or move on and not look like trash, you get the pass for inactivity in your first fight back not the second… or, he may be done and time to hang them up… what is it gonna be Mikey?

Comment

“Maybe we'll see each other again in the near future,” said Garcia. “Maybe I'll get a fight or two and it's enough to get a rematch, or maybe he actually holds a title at 140, and maybe I can actually challenge him at that time. Maybe I'll have a title and give him another opportunity."

Mikey will pass on a rematch to pursue bigger fights. That's not a bad idea.

Comment

Hope they dont overpay him to fight another tune up

Comment

He never should have went to 147 with his height and style. Only Pac could do that. Garcia can do something at 140.

Comment

Working...
                    X