Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Can Jamel Herring Derail The Design?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Can Jamel Herring Derail The Design?

By Cliff Rold - Shakur Stevenson is a future pound-for-pound stalwart. It's been repeated enough by now, especially on ESPN, that it must be true. Right? It just might be but the old saying is the proof is in the pudding. This is a recipe that hasn't quite congealed just yet. The 2016 US Olympic silver medalist is certainly off to a good start.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wait, recipes congeal???
    crold1 crold1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RobT View Post
      Wait, recipes congeal???
      Well . . . Jell-O recipes do. lol
      crold1 crold1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post

Well . . . Jell-O recipes do. lol
        Food congeals but a recipe is just a series of instructions...

Maybe it makes sense though I dunno.. I'm no English major obviously. Reminds me of subtle differences in writing like evacuating a building vs people evacuating. Pretty sure that's from the Wire Season 5 lol...
        Last edited by YoungManRumble; 10-21-2021, 06:25 AM.
        BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

my opinion... will Stevenson stop Herring? No. Will he rip the belts off Herring and dominate on points? No. Will he get the decision being the challenger? Probably yes. Herring is a class act I hope I'm wrong about at least one of those statements.
          MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

We're two days away, so we'll know for sure!

It's weird that we have to wonder which Herring shows up but that's where we are right now. Respectfully.

I can't wait for these guys to clash! Stevenson is younger and hungrier but both guys have had a couple of "meh" fights over the past couple of years, so we'll see. Whomever lands first MUST finish the other or maintain that pace throughout the bout (e.g., Taylor vs Ramirez).
            gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Stevenson will get every swing round and then some, the same way Andre Ward won rounds vs Kovalev, by throwing arm punches and holding. Stevenson wont necessarily have that style but will nonetheless bore you to sleep with his non engaging keep away boxing tactics like so many inner city American fighters utilizing today. Stevenson will win 5 rounds and win on all 3 cards 117-111 and continue being the great USA hope joke for Top Rank ala Tank Davis for pbc and Haney for match.

Comment

9 to 1 odds seem a Lil high. Gonna have to put $$$ on Herring.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Food congeals but a recipe is just a series of instructions...

Maybe it makes sense though I dunno.. I'm no English major obviously. Reminds me of subtle differences in writing like evacuating a building vs people evacuating. Pretty sure that's from the Wire Season 5 lol...
                  I would help evacuate a building, but I wouldn't stand around and watch people evacuate!
                  Last edited by BustedKnuckles; 10-21-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

The actual, correct saying is not "the proof is in the pudding", it is "the proof of pudding is in the eating". A writer, even a sports writer, should know the difference and should master the language he writes in.

Comment

Working...
                    X