Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salita: Whyte-Wallin Should Be Rescheduled; WBC Shouldn't Let Whyte Fight Fury Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salita: Whyte-Wallin Should Be Rescheduled; WBC Shouldn't Let Whyte Fight Fury Next

Otto Wallin's promoter hopes his high-stakes showdown with Dillian Whyte is rescheduled. Dmitriy Salita told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday morning that it would be "unfair" to Wallin if an injured Whyte were able withdraw from their fight and allowed to challenge Tyson Fury next for the WBC heavyweight championship. London's Whyte (28-2, 19 KOs) and Sweden's Wallin (22-1, 14 KOs, 1 NC) were supposed to fight for Whyte's WBC interim crown October 30 in a main event DAZN was set to stream from O2 Arena in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Have some sympathy. The man just injured his shoulder. He's in a lot of pain right now.

Comment

Would be comedy if Fury fights Wallin next just to further F over Eddie

Comment

It's clearly a fake injury and I'm pretty sure that Whyte/Hearn got assurance that he would remain the mandatory.

Mauricio is all about the paper, and there's far more money to be made for everyone in a Fury vs Whyte fight in the UK.

Unfortunately for Otto, he brings no money to the table.
        ​​​​​

Comment

I'm glad Salitas is smart enough to nip this in the bud before Whyte gets away with another calculated duck

Comment

I disagree Mr. Salita! He owes Wallin nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I disagree Mr. Salita! He owes Wallin nothing!
              I agree with this. Although I think Wallin could make it an interesting fight with Whyte. What the hell does a 20th rank guy have to do with a overdue mandatory position. Whyte redeemed his loss against Povetkin so he deserves his shot. AJ and Usyk are tied up. Let Fury and Whyte fight after Whyte is healed and get it out of the way. Winners fight each other.

Comment

I have no issue with giving Whyte the benefit of doubt that he may really be injured but if he uses that injury to duck Wallin it’s still a duck. Ppl can say Wallins this or that but it would be obvious Whyte is avoiding him. The same Whyte who talks about boxers being fair and getting his shot.
                Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Wallin was a voluntary Whyte chose. He has no comeback. Earn your shot Wallin like Whyte did.
                  greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by REdrUm0351 View Post
                    I have no issue with giving Whyte the benefit of doubt that he may really be injured but if he uses that injury to duck Wallin it’s still a duck. Ppl can say Wallins this or that but it would be obvious Whyte is avoiding him. The same Whyte who talks about boxers being fair and getting his shot.
                    Whyte chose him, there was no requirement or demand for the fight. Whyte has been #1 for years, Wallin has done **** all. Wallin has already had a undeserved shot at Fury, he's in no position to complain.
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 10-20-2021, 11:33 AM.
                    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X