Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Okolie Believes Joshua Should Use Fury Tactics To Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Okolie Believes Joshua Should Use Fury Tactics To Beat Usyk

WBO cruiserweight champion Lawrence Okolie believes his manager, Anthony Joshua, should use tactics like Tyson Fury to overcome Oleksandr Usyk in their expected rematch. Last month, Usyk outboxed Joshua over twelve rounds to capture the WBO, IBF, WBA, IBO heavyweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is the worst tactic for AJ against Usyk in my opinion. I'm not saying that AJ shouldn't impose his weight advantages but it's easier said than done when you have a constantly moving target like Usyk that counters and times his shots perfectly. AJ has to find the balance between roughing him up, clinching, leaning and sneaking shots hoping he could hurt him and eventually going 12 rounds to win on points in his back yard. AJ is a phenomenal athlete but we've seen that he's gun shy and gasses way too quickly in previous bouts as well. AJ was holding for dear life in the 12th round, this means a "blow out cruiserweight" as many qualified Usyk, can definitely hurt and KO Joshua and he knows it. I think people are really taking for granted Usyk skills and only focus on AJ physicality and perfect muscular body stating that it was just a bad day at the office! Let's compare for example Tyson Fury, he's not this muscular guy but he comes in with conditioning that's out of this world and sings a song at the end. It would be best if AJ gets 1-2 more fights before he's back fighting Usyk or any of the top guys!

Comment

Lawrence Okolie believes his manager, Anthony Joshua

what does this mean?

AJ is his manager? is that a typo or reality? if true AJ needs to focus on his boxing fights and not side tracked with managing other fighters

Comment

Originally posted by nikobg View Post
        This is the worst tactic for AJ against Usyk in my opinion. I'm not saying that AJ shouldn't impose his weight advantages but it's easier said than done when you have a constantly moving target like Usyk that counters and times his shots perfectly. AJ has to find the balance between roughing him up, clinching, leaning and sneaking shots hoping he could hurt him and eventually going 12 rounds to win on points in his back yard. AJ is a phenomenal athlete but we've seen that he's gun shy and gasses way too quickly in previous bouts as well. AJ was holding for dear life in the 12th round, this means a "blow out cruiserweight" as many qualified Usyk, can definitely hurt and KO Joshua and he knows it. I think people are really taking for granted Usyk skills and only focus on AJ physicality and perfect muscular body stating that it was just a bad day at the office! Let's compare for example Tyson Fury, he's not this muscular guy but he comes in with conditioning that's out of this world and sings a song at the end. It would be best if AJ gets 1-2 more fights before he's back fighting Usyk or any of the top guys!

AJ is afraid to get hit, he cant be afraid to get hit from light hitting usyk. Chisora fought pretty well with Usyk, he closed the distance fast and wasnt afraid to get hit in order to land his. AJ has to take the same mindset being he is slower than Usyk.

Comment

Right, Usyk will just stand there and wait for AJ to lean on him..

Comment

To pull that off you need balls and good cardio. Neither of which, it appears, Joshua has.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Right, Usyk will just stand there and wait for AJ to lean on him..
              Once Joshua adopts Fury’s tactics, the next step will be to get Usyk to adopt Wilder’s tactics. It’s a process

Comment

Lol Usyk is going to KO Joshua in 4 rounds in rematch he will be a little stronger and Joshua will be more aggressive but bambi legged as ever

Comment

Joshua has been very well matched throughout with his biggest win coming against a old version of Wlad who hurt him but was too faded to finish him off. They keep saying 'he's learning on the job but the truth is he isn't going to get any better .Guys like Usyk, Fury can fight and Joshua is at the level where he can only win with an outside punchers chance. He will change his trainer for the rematch but will probably come undone quicker next time. It's worrying for his camp that was hurt and nearly stopped against a fighter who was never a big puncher even in the lighter division. Hearn will be hoping Whyte gets passed Wallin even if he has to use he crazy rematch clause again to do so but he's got two massively flawed heavyweights on his books who both look to be fading out of the picture. A rematch with these two losers is really the best Eddie can hope for for.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

Once Joshua adopts Fury’s tactics, the next step will be to get Usyk to adopt Wilder’s tactics. It’s a process
                    Oh, Okolie forgot to mention that part. Now I see how it works!

Comment

Working...
                    X