Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wallin's Promoter Hopes Win Over Whyte Will Force Fury Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wallin's Promoter Hopes Win Over Whyte Will Force Fury Rematch

Dmitriy Salita, promoter of heavyweight contender Otto Wallin, is hoping that a big win in two weeks will secure his boxer a rematch with WBC world champion Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm not sure we need to see that again before other fights. I like Wallin, he had some good rounds early and landed several good shots (one of which caused the cut) but I had him losing around 4-8 and most had him losing by more.

Let's see how Wallin deals with Whyte, that's a tough enough test for the Swede at the moment.

Comment

Fair matchup of lower top 10/upper teens.
      Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

Let's see it. Wallin in 5. Fury don't want that smoke. JK! Fury is losing interest. He has been downplaying Usyk since day one. Let's get that fire stoked and see how rich he can get!

I would like Usyk vs AJ 2, &; Fury vs Wallin (after Wallin retires Whyte, jk he's a cash cow for Edward) Then Fury vs Usyk (after Joshua tries to prop up his impenetrable ego). If AJ were hungry he'd just walk Usyk down. Too bad he's full.

Usyk by split decision over Fury. #sorrynotsorry

Comment

If Wallin fights smart, he can definitely win this.

Comment

If Wallin does win this, I’m sure Whyte has a rematch clause so he will be fighting Whyte again before anything!
            greeneye99 greeneye99 Jkp Jkp like this.

Comment

I dont think much of either of these guys. I dont think the winner deserves a shot at any title over more deserving guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                I dont think much of either of these guys. I dont think the winner deserves a shot at any title over more deserving guys.
                Agree. I have no idea why Whyte thinks he deserves a shot, after a 1 win winning streak. And cowardly turning down a shot last year.

Comment

How many times does Whyte have to lose to stop getting propped up by the Brits? He’s not a great fighter and he’s slipped from his peak which was never that high. I get that Brits are loyal as loyal gets when it comes to their fighters but they’re also savvy when it comes to the actual level of their fighters. The hype they give Whyte has always confused me.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                    How many times does Whyte have to lose to stop getting propped up by the Brits? He’s not a great fighter and he’s slipped from his peak which was never that high. I get that Brits are loyal as loyal gets when it comes to their fighters but they’re also savvy when it comes to the actual level of their fighters. The hype they give Whyte has always confused me.
                    Whyte became WBC mandatory in 2019 and has hardly sat around waiting for his payday. His resume is as good as any current HW and he deserves a shot if he beats Wallin.
                    Who would you have as WBC mando instead?

Comment

Working...
                    X