Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury's Promoter Hopes To Get Him Derek Chisora in Early 2022

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury's Promoter Hopes To Get Him Derek Chisora in Early 2022

Promoter Ben Shalom of BOXXER is hoping to match heavyweight contender Hughie Fury against division veteran Derek Chisora in early 2022. Fury, 27-year-old, was in action last weekend, when he picked up a fifth round stoppage of Christian Hammer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just no chance this happens.

Hughie should probably aim for Trevor Bryan maybe

Comment

Chisora fuks him up easy.
      Even Savannah punches harder than Hughie.

Comment

Perfect timing to call out Chisora a couple of months after his fight with Parker on Dec.18. They could have suggested December 25 as the date while they were at it. Chisora still has enough powder in those guns to make Hughie regret in the ring his decision to call out Chisora.

Comment

Hughie going for all Tyson's opponents. Hammer, Chisora....

Who's next? Pianeta? Seferi? Schwarz? Do you guys think he could beat guys of that quality?

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post
            Just no chance this happens.

Hughie should probably aim for Trevor Bryan maybe
            He is the WBA #4 behind Dubois, Hunter & Helenius. I think Dubois could be next for Bryan. He should target Hunter or Helenius. Waiting for Chisora is pointless. Chisora will earn way more against Parker. He should fight Helenius…

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              He is the WBA #4 behind Dubois, Hunter & Helenius. I think Dubois could be next for Bryan. He should target Hunter or Helenius. Waiting for Chisora is pointless. Chisora will earn way more against Parker. He should fight Helenius
              Intriguing fight although probably wouldn't be terribly entertaining. Helenius has length and a power, Fury would try to pitter pat his way to a points victory.

I imagine Helenius is lost long for bigger names (and purses) than Hughie. It's not likely to happen but that Chisora fight would be interesting. Hughie can take a punch and Chisora can gas in the second half of fights. He might be able to steal some rounds to make it closer than you'd think.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Intriguing fight although probably wouldn't be terribly entertaining. Helenius has length and a power, Fury would try to pitter pat his way to a points victory.

I imagine Helenius is lost long for bigger names (and purses) than Hughie. It's not likely to happen but that Chisora fight would be interesting. Hughie can take a punch and Chisora can gas in the second half of fights. He might be able to steal some rounds to make it closer than you'd think.
                I think Hughie could actually beat Chisora. I’d like to see it & would have it 50/50. Not sure it happens but there are some good fights out there & i’m curious to see who he fights in December. I believe he has a date lined up but is still in search for a name opponent. I could see it being someone like Kuzmin. Another decent 2nd tier HW.
                Last edited by joe strong; 10-19-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                  Hughie going for all Tyson's opponents. Hammer, Chisora....

Who's next? Pianeta? Seferi? Schwarz? Do you guys think he could beat guys of that quality?
                  Hughie beats Pianeta, Seferi and Schwarz with ease. I’d like to see Hughie fight Pulev again in December, it’s a 50/50 fight

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    He is the WBA #4 behind Dubois, Hunter & Helenius. I think Dubois could be next for Bryan. He should target Hunter or Helenius. Waiting for Chisora is pointless. Chisora will earn way more against Parker. He should fight Helenius…
                    Yeah, but fighting Chisora is still not a realistic fight, especially after leaving Matchroom. It's likely just marketing from Shalom, but still, the target doesn't have any credibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X