Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Good 'If I Need To Fight [On] Showtime, With PBC, Or [On] DAZN, With Eddie Hearn'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo's Good 'If I Need To Fight [On] Showtime, With PBC, Or [On] DAZN, With Eddie Hearn'

Canelo Alvarez's first fight on Showtime Pay-Per-View in seven years might not mark the last time he partners with the premium cable network.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That’s called being a boss you’re own boss. Props to Canelo for doing it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypshot View Post
      That’s called being a boss you’re own boss. Props to Canelo for doing it the right way.
      You are the boss until you sign a contract where someone else cuts you a check for your services. So until he’s the one cutting checks, he’s a worker like the rest of us. No diss, just facts. Boxers will never be their own bosses til they are the ones paying out for services not the other way around.I had this same argument with someone. Whom ever owns the fight footage at the end of a bout is the boss. You got paid to appear on it for the boss.
      Last edited by turnedup; 10-18-2021, 09:48 AM.

Comment

The flexibility of individual or limited number of fight contracts will hopefully allow us to get some more intriguing fights with Canelo. With DAZN's recent announcement regarding PPVs, I imagine there will be a decent amount I opt not to view.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post

You are the boss until you sign a contract where someone else cuts you a check for your services. So until he’s the one cutting checks, he’s a worker like the rest of us. No diss, just facts. Boxers will never be their own bosses til they are the ones paying out for services not the other way around.I had this same argument with someone. Whom ever owns the fight footage at the end of a bout is the boss. You got paid to appear on it for the boss.
          This agree with. Just because your a free agent dont mean your the man. It just means your not stuck working for 1 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypshot View Post
            Very big risk tho. Who’s to say Haymon and pbc wont bribe the judges in plant’s favor to lock Canelo up in a long term deal with pbc?

Comment

Well it looks like he is going to be fighting on Showtime for a very long time because from the looks of things and judging by Eddie Hearn's recent comments the gravy train is drying up very fast over there at DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                Well it looks like he is going to be fighting on Showtime for a very long time because from the looks of things and judging by Eddie Hearn's recent comments the gravy train is drying up very fast over there at DAZN.
                Espinoza really seems to be pursuing Canelo, Hearn seems to be holding on to nothing more than the label of being canelo’s promoter even when this fight is the largest guarantee of canelo’s career and he will make a lot more on sponsorship, percentages of ppv and gate. It’s going to be hard for Canelo to have a sense of “loyalty” to Hearn with none of this in the picture. The buildup with be a reintroduction of Canelo to the American sports fan
                Last edited by Oldskoolg; 10-18-2021, 02:06 PM.
                champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Mayweather and Pacman are out of the sport and hopefully Canelo is the last 'diva' we will see in boxing for a long time. It is impossible to grow the sport if one fighter completely holds the entire boxing budget hostage. So hopefully he will do the Showtime fights with Plant, Charlo, Benevidez and maybe David Morrell. Then he can go do Bivol and take the last of DAZN's budget. Then go to ESPN for Beterbiev. I could be wrong but 2022 and beyond looks promising for boxing because I think PBC and TR finally realize that they have to work together for boxing to thrive. There are about 100 good fights between 122 -140 if they worked together and probably 50 more if GBP goes to Showtime.

Comment

Canelo knows he can make Hearn pay him a ridiculously large sum to go back. He also knows he can make haymon pay ridiculous purses to keep him fighting on PBC.

Being the cash cow and the top p4p boxer has its privileges.
                    icha icha mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X