Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder Trilogy - Aftermath Review and Reflection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder Trilogy - Aftermath Review and Reflection

In a sport that's very foundations were built on hyperbole it's easy to get swept up in the aftermath of a big fight. When Tyson Fury finally vanquished Deontay Wilder in their thrilling trilogy decider earlier this month, plenty were fast to crown Fury as one of the greatest of all time and they were certainly claiming the third Fury-Wilder fight was one of the best heavyweight title contests of all time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Wow.

A serious, considered piece on an online boxing forum.

I'm in shock.

Comment

Good piece.
      That's my big issue with today's heavweights & promoter's.
      Who in heavyweight history loses 2 of 4 when he's not boxing shot past it old men & still get's yet another shot through paperwork undeservedly.
      We could have a heavyweight champ calling 3 times! In just 5 fight's without everything getting back in line & facing the best & who's never faced a top 2 heavyweight until this rematch earning his shot.
      Fantastic top 5 heavyweight trilogy. That's legacy.

Comment

"The fact is, Fury is the best of this era and he will cement that further still should he wind up with victories over Oleksander Usyk, Joshua or both." Nope. Until he beats Usyk it´s just an educated guess. I´m not even saying I disagree, but beating a big puncher who can´t box is no guarantee of beating a master boxer who´s not a big puncher. The trilogy was great entertainment and a showing of grit, but that´s all it was.

Comment

The only trilogy where one of the boxers didn't win any of the fights.

Comment

Hey guys, I just feel that the obvious corruption involved in this trilogy rules Fury-Wilder III out from making the list of ATG HW clashes.

I just wanted to give you all a better perspective on Tyson's two long counts by crook Russell Mora in the 4th round. I wanted to focus on the second count : here I present that Mora lead Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder to the wrong corner in the second fall. The opposition that argues in favor of Tyson Fury have blamed Deontay Wilder for the long-count, claiming the cause for such costly defining moments in the 4th round was Wilder's fault ; clearly not so.

Notice that Wilder is headed to the neutral corner as Russell Mora yanks his left-arm with such force that it turns and misdirects Wilder to the opposite corner? Then referee Mora begins a dragged-out count, but suddenly stops to redirect Wilder to the neutral-corner.

This critical 'error' by Russell Mora poses the question, did Russell Mora save Tyson Fury? The long-count is not in question, everyone noticed it, but what has gone unnoticed is how Russell Mora's 'mistakes' benefited Tyson Fury not only in the 4th but throughout the contest, and arguably changed history -- just like Jack Reiss had done before when Tyson should of been ruled KO in the 12th round of Wilder-Fury I.

Comment

Little 1inchcock still crying I see - I'll order a pint of those tears please! Thanks for the entirely unbiased critique 1inchcock, we really appreciate your impartial views. When even Deontay Wilder can congratulate Fury, yet you can't, says more about you than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Atletisock View Post
                Little 1inchcock still crying I see - I'll order a pint of those tears please! Thanks for the entirely unbiased critique 1inchcock, we really appreciate your impartial views. When even Deontay Wilder can congratulate Fury, yet you can't, says more about you than anything else.
                What’s up with you and c0cks?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Hey guys, I just feel that the obvious corruption involved in this trilogy rules Fury-Wilder III out from making the list of ATG HW clashes.

I just wanted to give you all a better perspective on Tyson's two long counts by crook Russell Mora in the 4th round. I wanted to focus on the second count : here I present that Mora lead Deontay 'Bronze-Bomber' Wilder to the wrong corner in the second fall. The opposition that argues in favor of Tyson Fury have blamed Deontay Wilder for the long-count, claiming the cause for such costly defining moments in the 4th round was Wilder's fault ; clearly not so.

Notice that Wilder is headed to the neutral corner as Russell Mora yanks his left-arm with such force that it turns and misdirects Wilder to the opposite corner? Then referee Mora begins a dragged-out count, but suddenly stops to redirect Wilder to the neutral-corner.

This critical 'error' by Russell Mora poses the question, did Russell Mora save Tyson Fury? The long-count is not in question, everyone noticed it, but what has gone unnoticed is how Russell Mora's 'mistakes' benefited Tyson Fury not only in the 4th but throughout the contest, and arguably changed history -- just like Jack Reiss had done before when Tyson should of been ruled KO in the 12th round of Wilder-Fury I.
                  U speak as if Fury was seriously hurt..he was looking up listening to the count. Get over it already- ur hero lost 3 times!! Btw - awesome slow motion shot of Wilder hitting Fury in the BACK OF THE HEAD for the 2nd knockdown …forget to leave that out of ur commentary?? Keep it rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                    Good piece.
                    That's my big issue with today's heavweights & promoter's.
                    Then proceeds to slate a single heavyweight and a single promoter...

Of course Joshua had a rematch clause. Usyk signed off on it (he didn't have to). So did Fury. So did Wilder. So did everyone.

You'd never have got this fight you're creaming yourself over if it wasn't for rematch clauses!

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X