Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sandor Martin Goes From Club Shows To The Clubhouse With Upset Of Mikey Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sandor Martin Goes From Club Shows To The Clubhouse With Upset Of Mikey Garcia

By Corey Erdman - In late 2020, both Mikey Garcia and Sandor Martin made appearances on DAZN. Late in October of that year, Garcia made an appearance as a guest of honor at the Juan Francisco Estrada-Carlos Cuadras fight at the TV Azteca Studios in Mexico City. Garcia, visibly above his fighting weight, did a lengthy interview in the ring with WBC boss Mauricio Sulaiman to help the broadcast kill time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That’s what mikey gets for not taking this guy serious and showing up fat and slow smh disrespectful to his fans

Comment

Poor Sandor Martin. Thoroughly and beautifully outboxes Garcia. Shows elite reflexes, hand speed and ring generalship. Still get's treated like a non-entity.

Comment

Boxing needs upsets like this.. and picky A-sides like Garcia deserve to be humbled like this. Be the best you can and fight the best you think you can beat, or fyck off and leave the sport to those who respect it and respect the opponent and fans. It´s always a good day when a cherry pick goes horribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Boxing needs upsets like this.. and picky A-sides like Garcia deserve to be humbled like this. Be the best you can and fight the best you think you can beat, or fyck off and leave the sport to those who respect it and respect the opponent and fans. It´s always a good day when a cherry pick goes horribly wrong.
          Garcia and Thurman are two guys who spring to mind as just having spent the last couple of years just looking to cherry pick big paydays to pad the retirement fund.
          AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Nice bait & switch there. I seriously thought I was clicking on a Sandor Martin article only to be duped by a Mikey Garcia butt-kissing article. Gross, dude.

Mikey has been retired since before the Spence fight. Anyone can see that. He went up to 140 for money and has only fought for money since then.

Comment

Just another overrated Mexican bum who has been cherry picking fights his entire career.
              labaria labaria likes this.

Comment

I really like Mikey but there is no excuse for taking this guy so lightly.

I praised Floyd for leaving TR and doing his own thing. I was one of the more vocal people about Mikey getting away from TR because I thought it would work out same for Mikey as it did Floyd.

I was completely wrong about that. Mikey’s career hasn’t been the same since he left. Went downhill.

I probably let my personal feelings for Bob blind me to the fact he knew what was the best path for Mikey.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-18-2021, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Sandor has to be matched perfectly or he will loss his next fight, he ok but nothing special and what he did was beat barely a undisciplined fighter with weight issues whom should be at 135 or so but never more than 140. Big deal, he not going anywhere!
                  Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I really like Mikey but there is no excuse for taking this guy so lightly.

I praised Floyd for leaving TR and doing his own thing. I was one of the more vocal people about Mikey getting away from TR because I thought it would work out same for Mikey as it did Floyd.

I was completely wrong about that. Mikey’s career hasn’t been the same since he left. Went downhill.

I probably let my personal feelings for Bob blind me to the fact he knew what was the best path for Mikey.
                    I typically agree with you but not so much on the point about Mikey leaving TR and his career going downhill.

He had a couple of "comeback" fights but became the WBC Lightweight champ in one of them. He took on Broner, unified with Easter, became champ against Lipinets, and landed the Spence fight (for whatever it was worth).

He's 6-2 in since his return, won titles at 135 and 140 and unified at 135...all in a matter of 5 years....the championships were won in the first 2 years of his return.

His performance in the Spence and Martin fights is what got him to this point.
                    Topdogggbm Topdogggbm likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X