Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Thought I Was Winning The Fight in a Close Matchup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Thought I Was Winning The Fight in a Close Matchup

Fresno, California - Sandor Martin (39-2, 13 KOs) pulled off what may become the biggest upset of the year, when he boxed his way to a ten round majority decision over four division world champion Mikey Garcia (40-2, 30 KOs)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mikey, I respect all boxers who enter the ring, but you looked like crap last night, especially to a non-ranked hand-picked / cherry-picked opponent. And to be frank, you've lost the Eye of the Tiger since the Spence fight. Not sure what you need to do to get your crap together, but please figure it out quickly, or consider retiring.

Comment

I was wanting Mikey to win this. It's not that I'm a fan, but I was wanting him to fight Prograis, and then hoping he'd progress on to my guy Josh Taylor. And also I think he receives way too much criticism. That said he definitely lost this fight, and looked like he just couldn't get going. Martin deserved the win, so well done to him. I hadnt been impressed with Martin previously, but he impressed me here.Interesting to see what Mikey does next. He had a look of disbelief on his face for sure. I believe Mikey would win a rematch, but Martin should focus on his progress at 140 now. This was a huge win for him and should elevate him on to some big fights In that division, although I don't think he'll win a title still. But best of luck to him.
      champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
        Mikey, I respect all boxers who enter the ring, but you looked like crap last night, especially to a non-ranked hand-picked / cherry-picked opponent. And to be frank, you've lost the Eye of the Tiger since the Spence fight. Not sure what you need to do to get your crap together, but please figure it out quickly, or consider retiring.
        I think it looked like the beginning of the end for him. Losing to Errol is no disgrace, but this puts some serious doubt over his commitment to the sport. It was as though he thought, he only had to turn up, and victory was a given.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
          I was wanting Mikey to win this. It's not that I'm a fan, but I was wanting him to fight Prograis, and then hoping he'd progress on to my guy Josh Taylor. And also I think he receives way too much criticism. That said he definitely lost this fight, and looked like he just couldn't get going. Martin deserved the win, so well done to him. I hadnt been impressed with Martin previously, but he impressed me here.Interesting to see what Mikey does next. He had a look of disbelief on his face for sure. I believe Mikey would win a rematch, but Martin should focus on his progress at 140 now. This was a huge win for him and should elevate him on to some big fights In that division, although I don't think he'll win a title still. But best of luck to him.
          Garcia needs to.put some work in and get down to 140. That's IF he's actually serious about boxing anymore. After this loss he won't be getting the $$$ he wants for fights.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

What a shitty fight? It was so boring. Mikey needs to do some soul searching. Is this really what he still wants to do? I question his will and desire to still want to fight. I recommend that he retires. The passion has all but burned out of him for boxing
            Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
              Yes, you are absolutely right!

Comment

To see Mikey’s jab taken away and hearing him say Martin was “running” did it for me. I didn’t want to accept it.

The writing is on the wall for him and I can see guys calling him out with ease now.

I could be getting ahead of myself though. As mentioned in this thread, Mikey was noticeably FAT over the past year and Martin’s no big name fighter to “get up” for, so I can’t imagine he ran extra mile or did another round of mitts for the likes of Martin.

Either way, Team Garcia has some small issues that need to be tweaked.
                Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Martin has just set himself up for a very nice payday in his next fight

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Garcia needs to.put some work in and get down to 140. That's IF he's actually serious about boxing anymore. After this loss he won't be getting the $$$ he wants for fights.
                    No he'll not get a big payday next fight that's for sure. I think he has to ask himself if he really wants it anymore. I felt he was going through the motions a bit, and at this stage of his career, doing "just enough" is a dangerous game.

Comment

Working...
                    X