Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Names Regis Prograis, Josh Taylor And Tank Davis As Next Three Targets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Names Regis Prograis, Josh Taylor And Tank Davis As Next Three Targets

Mikey Garcia views this weekend as the first step on the path to reclaiming past glory in the 140-pound division. The former four-division champion will fight at a maximum of 145 pounds in his upcoming clash with Spain's Sandor Martin. The catchweight is a little lighter than he originally intended heading into this event, though fitting considering the loftier goals he has in store for the upcoming year--revisiting a hoped-for clash with former junior welterweight titlist Regis Prograis, which he plans to parlay into big fights with the two most notable names in the division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Mikey beats Martin tonight he'll look to fight either Tank or Regis in (say) April/May 2022 then hopes to fight Taylor in (what) October 2022? Since Josh is already talking about fighting Crawford at 147 I think Mikey may have missed the bus.

Comment

Kinda tired of Mikeys talk
      DFM DFM Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Kinda wanna see how he does tonight. For some reason, I just have this hunch that he's gonna get caught by a guy who probably wants it a whole lot more. I'm not mad at Mikey, he boxed for a career, made good money, and toned it down. But he certainly had talent and if he'd stayed active could've built a legacy. Not everyone's in it for that, I won't knock him...but Idk if he's hungry enough to start chasing big names. Tonight may go some length towards informing us about that
        Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

I'd like to see him get Regis after this. He still seems keen on it. Not sure what going to Probellum neans for trying to make that fight, but Mikey is a free agent at least, so we will see.

Comment

Getting a fight with Josh is a huge problem.He can't go to Top Rank to try to make that as Arum will not entertain that. The only way this fight can get made is if Josh wants it and goes to Arum and puts pressure on him to make it. Bob will not like it, but if Josh is adamant and Bob is doing the right thing by his fighter then he'll have to get his finger out. Mikey gave an interview to IFL TV, and he spoke of how the fighter was the boss, not the promoter. It wasn't directly to do with Josh Taylor, but he knows Josh will hear about it and I think Mikey is trying to send Josh a message, i.e. if your interested Josh your the guy that can make it happen. Failing that he'll have to become mandatory and force the issue. Wether Josh wants it is a different matter. His priority is still Crawford.

Comment

lets add those names to all the other names he has mentioned and never fought....Cotto, Loma, Thurman, Crawford, Garcia , Pacquiao. I'm sure i've forgot many more
                Murray Kelm Murray Kelm likes this.

Comment

Too risky for Porky, Regis probably the easiest to make. Taylor may also take the fight, Mikey is a well known opponent.

Comment

I don't dislike Mikey, although I thought he was less than sporting v Salido, but he took some punishment against a naturally bigger man in Spence. He may not be the same fighter any more. Regis is a helluva good fighter & a lot less war-worn. Also agree with CornerCutman that we shouldn't sleep on Sandor Martin. For Mikey this is another day at work, for Sandor its what he dreamt about since he started boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X