Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Suffers Right Hand Injury, Will Undergo Surgery on October 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Suffers Right Hand Injury, Will Undergo Surgery on October 18

Ryan Garcia has withdrawn from another fight with a southpaw for the WBC interim lightweight title. Golden Boy Promotions announced Friday that Garcia sustained an injury to his right hand that'll require surgery next week and prevent him from fighting Joseph Diaz Jr. next month. Diaz (32-1-1, 15 KOs), of Downey, California, was supposed to defend his WBC interim 135-pound championship against Garcia (21-0, 18 KOs), of Victorville, California, in a DAZN main event November 27 in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-15-2021, 12:01 PM.

Shame, this was a really good match up.

I hope Jojo fights Haney next and then comes back to Garcia when he is healthy. Hand surgery could put a fighter on the shelf for six months. Jojo does not need to wait that long.
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Shame, this was a really good match up.

I hope Jojo fights Haney next and then comes back to Garcia when he is healthy. Hand surgery could put a fighter on the shelf for six months. Jojo does not need to wait that long.
      Damn, he probably broke his hand jacking Canelo off

Comment

He's going to continue getting "injured" until he can talk his way into a big money fight

Comment

Sources said Ryan Garcia broke his hand by jacking Canelo and Eddy off

Comment

Sounds like the knockdown he suffered from Campbell really shattered his confidence.
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I called this bs. he's gonna find ways to get out of fights until he can get an easy pay day.. bs

Comment

Either Ryan is making it up or he really did injure his hand since he’s been posting videos of him punching random guys who are wearing body armor just for show I guess. In any case, if that’s the cause of his hand injury, serves him right.

Comment

Typical of today's lightweights...mental health (understood), "injuries", non-stop trash-talk tweets but no fighting, consecutive TBD opponents, undetermined champions with belts...the list goes on.

Just blow up the whole damn division already!

I believe social media ruined a lot of these younger fighters because they grew up on it. I can totally understand mental health issues because of long-term social media use, but how much patience are we supposed to have with these young guys when natural things happen like Injuries, cuts, contract issues (e.g. Triller with Lopez/Kambosos), network rivalries, family issues that keep them out of the ring, etc.

And let's not forget COVID. That's still a factor regarding whether a fight happens or not.

I hope he gets it together but he, along with Lopez, Haney and a couple others at Lightweight need to know they're making the division cringeworthy and not worth the wait. Surely we'll see these guys at 140 but I'm totally over them at 135.
                  Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 10-15-2021, 12:27 PM.
                  Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

He needs to move in with Teo. They can pass the time playing cards since they don't fight anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X