Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: I Wouldn't Be Surprised if Tyson Fury Retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: I Wouldn't Be Surprised if Tyson Fury Retired

Former super middleweight champion Carl Froch would not be surprised if Tyson Fury retired from the sport of boxing. Last weekend at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Fury secured one of the biggest wins of his pro career when he knocked out Deontay Wilder in the eleventh round of their trilogy fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He has great dance partners in usyk and Josh he can't retire. What else would he do? He loves fighting. Go out as the best fighter since Ali
    Last edited by hugh grant; 10-15-2021, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      He has great dance partners in usyk and Josh he can't retire. What else would he do? He loves fighting. Go out as the best fighter since Ali
      +1. Despite the speed and style differentials, Fury reminds me of Froch in lots of ways, especially in how they both ALWAYS knew what they ought to be doing at any point in a given fight and set about doing it. Out of the ring, though, Froch always seemed more level-headed than Fury, he'd get into flame wars etc. but ultimately retired at the right time, whereas Fury really does have a John L. Sullivan mentality, and fighting until 40 should be in line with how big Fury is. Difficult for him to go out as the best since Ali, it might be something he could have done without the inactivity; he could still get to roughly equal terms with Wlad, Lennox and Holmes, which is extraordinary in itself.
      ballencrieff Scotland The Brave likes this.

Comment

The sport, namely the HW division was better off without Tyson Fury before the fat-weasel negotiated terms to have his boxing license reinstated. All he did was brought boxing to disrepute with all sorts of scandals and awful in-ring illegal-tactics, nonstop.

Poor-mismatched-opposition for tune-ups, contract disputes, litigation, suspicious controversies with both Deontay Wilder and Otto Wallin ; publishing lies through fake narratives in auto-biographies, spreading propaganda on ESPN telecast, avoiding top ten competition and mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte ; bribery and swindling a farmer, refusing to enlist in UKAD even though he is a British boxer, moving to the State of Nevada pretending to be an American to avoid British Anti-Doping agents...I can keep going. This is the filth that degenerates root for, truly sickening.

When one objectively reviews the evidence, Tyson Fury is a poison for boxing, he should retire.

Comment

I doubt he retires, in fact i suspect he will probably carry on boxing for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            The sport, namely the HW division was better off without Tyson Fury before the fat-weasel negotiated terms to have his boxing license reinstated. All he did was brought boxing to disrepute with all sorts of scandals and awful in-ring illegal-tactics, nonstop.

Poor-mismatched-opposition for tune-ups, contract disputes, litigation, suspicious controversies with both Deontay Wilder and Otto Wallin ; publishing lies through fake narratives in auto-biographies, spreading propaganda on ESPN telecast, avoiding top ten competition and mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte ; bribery and swindling a farmer, refusing to enlist in UKAD even though he is a British boxer, moving to the State of Nevada pretending to be an American to avoid British Anti-Doping agents...I can keep going. This is the filth that degenerates root for, truly sickening.

When one objectively reviews the evidence, Tyson Fury is a poison for boxing, he should retire.
            Clearly you're not objectively reviewing the evidence, or you would have mentioned the positive sides, such as the fact that Tyson Fury has continually raised awareness around mental health and helped reduce the stigma for men struggling. Not just that but he has actually physically shown, by shedding more than 10st in weight, winning the WBC belt and then defending it, that just because you may suffer or have previously suffered with MH problems, it doesn't mean that you can't achieve your goals. So next time you objectively review evidence, all this has to be included.
            LoadedWraps LoadedWraps likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Who are you?
                The best poster on NSB, The goat.
                P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Who are you?
                  Somebody who doesn't understand the meaning of objectively
                  creekrat77 creekrat77 likes this.

Comment

No, I think he is just going to sit back and observe in order to see the outcome of the Joshua/Usyk rematch before deciding whether or not to retire. As far the WBC is concerned; That belt is garbage.

He doesn't need it anymore. Unless Sulaiman grants him the Franchise championship belt then he should just trash it because he doesn't have anything to prove again either Whyte or Wallin. He's proven that he is already great.

The WBC has made Canelo and Loma their Franchise champions. So why don't they make Tyson Fury their heavyweight Franchise champion?

Comment

Working...
                    X