Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Navarrete Expects More Competitive, Exciting Fight From Gonzalez Than He Gave Stevenson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Navarrete Expects More Competitive, Exciting Fight From Gonzalez Than He Gave Stevenson

By Keith Idec - As confident as he is in his own abilities, Emanuel Navarrete envisions having a tougher time with Joet Gonzalez than Gonzalez gave Shakur Stevenson in their WBO featherweight title fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    tophat1 tophat1 likes this.

Navarrete is quality , can't see him having much trouble with gonzalez

Comment

Originally posted by tophat1 View Post
      Navarrete is quality , can't see him having much trouble with gonzalez
      Wouldn't sleep on Gonzales. This is a good matchup. I know he looked slow against Shakur, but I think Shakur will make anyone look bad. Shakur is on another level. I think he is the dark horse of the division and I think he cleans house if he goes up in weight too. Everyone paying attention to loud mouths like Lopez (which i like), Haney, lomachenko, Ryan Garcia, etc... Shakur cleans anyone from 126-135 right now imo. He lacks charisma for stardom Level so he'll be avoided like the plauge.

Anyway, Gonzales is not a slouch. Should be a good firefight.
      tophat1 tophat1 likes this.

Comment

Christopher diaz had some success when he backed off Nava and beat him to the punch on the inside. Good bodyshots too that bothered nava.

but I think while joets offense is really crisp and compact, he fights at mid close range and not a super close range so he wont smother navarette.
        Nava will be able to put full leverage on his punches.

Also saw that Joet moves his guard around in anticipation of the punches, doesnt have a stationary tight guard like an Arthur abraham. Which isnt a bad thing on it's own, but a reactive guard versus navas funky rhythm and punch variety is a bad idea.

Comment

Your boy Navarrete doesn't like how Shakur fights, The Big Dunn
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 10-15-2021, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Assuming he gets past Gonzalez, which I do, I don't think Navarette will be that eager to get GRJ in the ring, but GRJ's inactivity means he won't have to. I honestly don't think Barry Awad will trouble him at all. To me that ends inside 6. Navarette might have more problems with Wood because Wood really can bang but I expect him to wear Wood down & stop him late. Note Navarette didn't mention Josh at all!

Comment

'Shakur is on another level. I think he is the dark horse of the division and I think he cleans house if he goes up in weight too. Everyone paying attention to loud mouths like Lopez (which i like), Haney, lomachenko, Ryan Garcia, etc... Shakur cleans anyone from 126-135 right now imo. He lacks charisma for stardom Level so he'll be avoided like the plauge.'

Shakur has only just touched down at 130 so he'd really be leaping from f/w to l/w. That is a big jump if you're not Henry Armstrong. I'm not sure Shakur has the build & strength to go to 135 at this stage, no matter what skills he has.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                Assuming he gets past Gonzalez, which I do, I don't think Navarette will be that eager to get GRJ in the ring, but GRJ's inactivity means he won't have to. I honestly don't think Barry Awad will trouble him at all. To me that ends inside 6. Navarette might have more problems with Wood because Wood really can bang but I expect him to wear Wood down & stop him late. Note Navarette didn't mention Josh at all!
                Josh lost vs Mauricio Lara, Lara is trained by the trainers of Navarrete.

And they said Josh is a very very dirty fighter.

Comment

So is Shakur Joet’s brother in law ?

Comment

Working...
                  X