Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Promoter: I Can't See Joshua Winning Rematch, Usyk Nearly Took Him Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Promoter: I Can't See Joshua Winning Rematch, Usyk Nearly Took Him Out

Frank Warren, co-promoter for WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, believes Anthony Joshua should avoid a direct rematch with Oleksandr Usyk. Last month, Usyk outboxed Joshua over twelve rounds to capture the IBF, WBA, WBO, IBO heavyweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Doesn't matter Fury beats either man. I just hope we get the fight for all the belts next year.
    Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Apply that same theory to his 1st fight with wilder or even the third.
      not saying Joshua wins rematch but that theory doesn’t make sense .
      Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

"Frank Warren, co-promoter for WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, believes Anthony Joshua should avoid a direct rematch with Oleksandr Usyk." Of course he does. He wants Fury to face Usyk soon rather than wait for Joshua to fight him again. A super HW vs a pumped up CW is a potentially easier fight than facing a HW coming back at full weight and strength. Joshua knows he screwed up in trying to come down to Usyk's size for more speed and mobility. Anthony is a power-punching HW with a suspect chin. He has to get to his opponents before they get to him.

Comment

If there's one positive thing I can say about AJ right now . . I support his decision to take the immediate rematch.

I expect him to push himself to the limit and give us a great fight, maybe the most exciting fight of his career.
          Honest Honest Boxviewer Boxviewer like this.

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
            If there's one positive thing I can say about AJ right now . . I support his decision to take the immediate rematch.

I expect him to push himself to the limit and give us a great fight, maybe the most exciting fight of his career.

It's a positive take, and it's pride to a point, and some would say you have to take it.

But ffrom a boxing perspective, I don't think AJ has anything else to offer at all, and Usyk has him figured out and will be more confident and active. Usyk retains the belts and the unification with Fury will be nuts.
            Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Same old song and dance ,it’ll be Ruiz fights all over again . A.J wins the rematch and marches onward to a Fury showdown .
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 10-14-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                "Frank Warren, co-promoter for WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, believes Anthony Joshua should avoid a direct rematch with Oleksandr Usyk." Of course he does. He wants Fury to face Usyk soon rather than wait for Joshua to fight him again. A super HW vs a pumped up CW is a potentially easier fight than facing a HW coming back at full weight and strength. Joshua knows he screwed up in trying to come down to Usyk's size for more speed and mobility. Anthony is a power-punching HW with a suspect chin. He has to get to his opponents before they get to him.
                That's fair enough. I'm more of an extremist. Eddy wouldn't mind Fury taking the wind out of Usyks sail before the rematch with AJ and that suspect chin has been confirmed.

Comment

I think Warren is wrong in his thinking that Joshua cannot win the rematch.

After all, he says "The only way AJ can beat him is to do what Wilder did - to impose himself". Is the possibility of Joshua imposing himself so remote?

Does anyone think Joshua fought the best fight he could in the defeat against Usyk? He tried to outbox him and found out Usyk is indeed the better boxer.

It's not like trying to outbox Usyk is the only option for Joshua... It was never the best, obvious option. Probably owing to the Ruiz loss, he opted to go down a more conservative, ostensibly lower-risk approach. It didn't work. There are at least two alternative approaches. Go in guns blazing for the KO -- could work. Or find a way to better utilise the reach and height advantage.

Walking away from the rematch would be less than ideal.

Comment

Got to laugh at Frank Warren trying to tell Hearn and Joshua how to promote. There's a reason he lost his spot as Britains biggest promoter, he'd put on garbage with his fighters having protected records until they finally got a big fight and lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X