Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter: I Have A Combination Of Things No One Crawford's Been In The Ring With Has Had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter: I Have A Combination Of Things No One Crawford's Been In The Ring With Has Had

Shawn Porter recently pointed out that he is the best opponent Terence Crawford has agreed to fight in any division, not just the most formidable welterweight Crawford will have encountered.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Levels, Shawn. A typically dogged display won't be enough.

Comment

T.Duckford is the better skilled fighter and he needs to be well prepared for Porter to be all over him all fight long.

Comment

I agree....he's never been in there with anyone who uses thier noggin as a damn battering ram as well you thats for sure. As effective as his style of boxing is,it's just fuchen horrible to watch.
        TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Style wise, Porter presents a style that gives everyone problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
            I agree....he's never been in there with anyone who uses thier noggin as a damn battering ram as well you thats for sure.
            Sure he has.

The difference is, Jeff Horn was nowhere near as effective as a bully in the ring like Porter is.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Sure he has.

The difference is, Jeff Horn was nowhere near as effective as a bully in the ring like Porter is.

yeah horn when you let him. Crawford just used good movement and footwork and horn was completely ineffective with his style. Plus they hyped him up as being a "big" welterweight and then at the weigh in you realize they were actually the same size.

Comment

As always, Most People Don’t No Sh_ttttt About Boxing, skills pay the bills not will! Porter was beat way before he signed the contract and he knows there are levels to boxing and this may be difficult to understand if you have never been in that squared circle, but speed and sharpness creates power and Crawford has all of that and then some, plus he’s mean and that’s why he gets the edge over what Spence did. I have never seen Crawford just go through the motions and get comfortable and that’s a scary feeling with a real talent.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Sure he has.

True but nowhere near as constant as Porter. What makes Porter so effective with it is his short stature. He's able to get under his opponents chin with his head pushing up and completely frustrating his opponents,rinse and repeat. Shiet,it frustrates me just watching it.
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Crawford looks better but never faced anyone like varsity vs jv. This first real welter fight good measure stick as well. Who knows crawford may get upset that mauling style does suck n well this is a huge step in competition. I see a split decision exciting fight here. Crawford need this more than porter. Bud needs a real welter win on resume, needs a market has neither. Also contract near up time to get a win n start a bid war hearn pbc tr or golden boy.
                    Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X