Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Briedis Seriously Attempt Heavyweight Before It's Too Late?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Will Briedis Seriously Attempt Heavyweight Before It's Too Late?

By Cliff Rold - It could easily have been his era at cruiserweight. Lineal and IBF cruiserweight titlist Mairis Briedis (27-1, 19 KO) has to think that to himself. What competitor wouldn't? A semi-finalist in the first World Boxing Super Series tournament in the division, and the victor in the sequel, the difference between Briedis and the lone man to conquer him is about as narrow as it could be.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That one scorecard was BS and the whole basis of this article. Usyk wasn't trying to hurt Briedis and everyone knows. If you want to see Usyk pissed off go watch the Huck fight. He was a live dog there. Usyk doesn't try to hurt people.

The Glowacki fight between him and Briedis showed that Briedis had to get his hands dirty to win. Briedis is too old to go up to heavyweight, imo. Usyk is pushing it. They're nearing the age where they can't take the damage that comes with that weight class.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

read somewhere that breidis is going to face unbeaten aussie jai opetaia

Comment

Something like the 11th paragraph, the article reads: "Usyk has flirted with heavyweight before, stopping former title challenger Manuel Charr in five rounds in 2015."

It should read: Briedis has flirted with heavyweight before, stopping etc.

Comment

well he is going to be 37 in january. now or never. I dont see him winning a title but he has to consider his finances too. if heavyweight pays better maybe he takes 2 fights there to set himself up before his career is over

Comment

I think he would prefer to Waite and see if Canelo tries his luck at CW since that would be a much bigger payday than anyone at HW.

Comment

He’s too old.

Comment

Like others have mentioned he's left it too late. A touch too old and let's face it the title picture looks tied up for the next few years.

If he moves up the best he can hope for is to be an opponent for a contender , only way he could fast track to a title shot is to move up asap and try to get the eliminator with hrgovic (nobody else seems to want to take it).

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
                  well he is going to be 37 in january. now or never. I dont see him winning a title but he has to consider his finances too. if heavyweight pays better maybe he takes 2 fights there to set himself up before his career is over
                  That is a legit way to look at it, IF a decent money fight is there. Briedis does not bring with him the name recognition and accomplishments Usyk did to HW, so I am not sure how much bigger a payday he would get at HW against some unification fights at CW. But if the money is there, then I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpMcv View Post
                    Usyk doesn't try to hurt people.
                    Oh..................

Comment

Working...
                    X