Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Felt Conditioning and Lack of Movement Was Wilder's Downfall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Felt Conditioning and Lack of Movement Was Wilder's Downfall

Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has provided some words of advice to former heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder. Last Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Wilder was knocked out in the eleventh round of his trilogy fight with WBC world champion Tyson Fury.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    jacquez35 jacquez35 likes this.

Too late for all that. He clearly didn't learn anything from the last whooping he took and the little he did, he used it for a round and a half before reverting back to his old ish and getting whooped again. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    ReggieKray ReggieKray likes this.

Comment

Those jabs to the body were landing every ****ing time and instead of continuing and using them to set other stuff up he basically stopped throwing them by the third so he could revert to his usual schtick. A lot of the time Fury was just staying at distance then leaping in with a 1-2 into a clinch as well. A decent jab, lateral movement, hooks and uppercuts might have made that harder to do, but,...you know...Wilder.
      Verus Verus likes this.

Comment

agreed with Canelo, wilder couldn’t give angles and had no head movement. He’s just not a complete fighter

Comment

All those training clips of wilder slipping shots, throwing combinations & hooks to the body had a lot of people fooled. He did none of that in the fight. All it showed is that he finally learned how to look good on the mitts which with enough practice, anyone can do.

What I don’t understand- you had all this time. You claimed that you had been working nonstop since the last fight. Then you got even more time when the fight got delayed. What the hell did you work on? Weightlifting? Bodybuilding? Where was the endurance training? What was the game plan? What was plan B or C or D? Where was the improved IQ? Better defense?

I didn’t see any improvement in Wilder- his foot work was still bad, that right hand was just as telegraphed as it had always been, his hands were too low & he was still stiff up top & catching every shot to his gloves or face. The only good thing I saw him do was jab to the body & completely throw fury off by coming out as aggressive as he did. But by round 3 he was already gassed.

Fury did exactly what he said he would do just like he did before the 2nd fight. While Team Wilder delivered of virtually nothing. & don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to kick the guy while he’s down. I just think he is surrounded by yes-men and enablers that only tell him what he wants to hear & stroke his ego. & for that reason he’ll never improve. No matter if it’s Malik Scott, Jay Deas or whoever. The fact that they’d rather watch him get the life beat out of him rather than stop the fight in order to save their job shows these guys don’t care about him nor do they know what the hell theyre doing. Too afraid to tell the man the hard uncomfortable truth

Comment

Throwing punches at the head and missing and not keeping your hands up is a recipe to get beat

Comment

Thing is, Fury at heavyweight is what is Canelo at 168. people watch fights because they want Canelo/Fury to lose, but it doesn`t happen.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Thing is, Fury at heavyweight is what is Canelo at 168. people watch fights because they want Canelo/Fury to lose, but it doesn`t happen.
                People watch them to lose? Who? What an odd comparison to compare Canelo and fury in such a way. People flood stadiums to watch Canelo because of nationalism and ethnic pride. He isn’t the most popular because people want to see him lose.
                greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  All those training clips of wilder slipping shots, throwing combinations & hooks to the body had a lot of people fooled. He did none of that in the fight. All it showed is that he finally learned how to look good on the mitts which with enough practice, anyone can do.

What I don’t understand- you had all this time. You claimed that you had been working nonstop since the last fight. Then you got even more time when the fight got delayed. What the hell did you work on? Weightlifting? Bodybuilding? Where was the endurance training? What was the game plan? What was plan B or C or D? Where was the improved IQ? Better defense?

I didn’t see any improvement in Wilder- his foot work was still bad, that right hand was just as telegraphed as it had always been, his hands were too low & he was still stiff up top & catching every shot to his gloves or face. The only good thing I saw him do was jab to the body & completely throw fury off by coming out as aggressive as he did. But by round 3 he was already gassed.

Fury did exactly what he said he would do just like he did before the 2nd fight. While Team Wilder delivered of virtually nothing. & don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to kick the guy while he’s down. I just think he is surrounded by yes-men and enablers that only tell him what he wants to hear & stroke his ego. & for that reason he’ll never improve. No matter if it’s Malik Scott, Jay Deas or whoever. The fact that they’d rather watch him get the life beat out of him rather than stop the fight in order to save their job shows these guys don’t care about him nor do they know what the hell theyre doing. Too afraid to tell the man the hard uncomfortable truth
                  Wilder was doing well at the outset and In a perverse way, he did implement some sort of Plan B. Wilder reverted back to his old style once he got tagged. I suspect that Wilder's trainer was disappointed that he quit doing what was clearly working for him. As everyone knows, it takes much more than one training camp to change a fighter's style -- a couple of years or more. In Wilder's case, it is much too late for him.
                  mjh1969 mjh1969 likes this.

Comment

“It's difficult when you don't have condition and don't know how to move“

pretty sound logic right there…

Comment

Working...
                    X