Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vito Mielnicki Jr. To Headline FOX Show Christmas Night At Prudential Center In Newark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vito Mielnicki Jr. To Headline FOX Show Christmas Night At Prudential Center In Newark

FOX will televise live boxing on Christmas night, an extreme rarity in the sport. BoxingScene.com has learned that the broadcast network, as part of its deal with Al Haymon's Premier Boxing Champions, has agreed to air a multi-fight card December 25 from Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Christmas falls on a Saturday this year and PBC must produce a certain number of shows per calendar year to fulfill its contractual obligation with FOX, which has exercised the fourth-year option to which it was entitled as part of a three-year deal it entered with PBC in September 2018.
    [Click Here To Read More]

These late December dates used to be reserved for Adonis Stevenson but it hasn't been the same since he retired. We got Tank/Gamboa a couple of years ago. I always wonder who will get that late December date to close out the year, as it seems boxing is on a break and showing reruns of the good fights during the last week of December. Lol

I hope they continue moving Vito the way he needs to be moved as he bounces back from his first loss earlier this year in his second outing since the loss to Martin. I believe he (Martin) was supposed to be fighting someone else the same night before his fight was reassigned and so on.

Comment

Christmas falls on a Saturday this year and PBC must produce a certain number of shows per calendar year to fulfill its contractual obligation with FOX, which has exercised the fourth-year option to which it was entitled as part of a three-year deal it entered with PBC in September 2018.
      So I guess PBC will stay on FOX for at least another year.

These fights should be on FS1 though. Don't really get the strategy of FOX at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

So I guess PBC will stay on FOX for at least another year.

These fights should be on FS1 though. Don't really get the strategy of FOX at this point.
        Just based on the cards they're running, you have to say Fox is getting live sports programming for very little money. Which for them is pretty sweet. Not great for boxing fans though.
        chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatMalenko View Post

Just based on the cards they're running, you have to say Fox is getting live sports programming for very little money. Which for them is pretty sweet. Not great for boxing fans though.
          But they aren't getting good ratings out of this so that's why it does not make much sense. Clearly they are giving PBC less of a budget to spend on the FOX shows but it's not like they were handing out huge license fees in the first place. We went from getting fights like Charlo vs Harrison II and Porter vs Ugas and Kownacki vs Helenius and Hurd vs JRock to.........Viti Mielnicki headlining? Huh????

Comment

I hope this young man had gotten very serious about his career
            MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X