Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Buddy McGirt on Callum Smith: I Have a Future World Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Buddy McGirt on Callum Smith: I Have a Future World Champion

Trainer Buddy McGirt could not be more pleased with the development of Callum Smith, the latest fighter to walk through his Southern California gym.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In his fight against Castillo, Smith's body looked much more suited to 175 than 168. 175 will be Smith's natural weight and i'd be surprised if he doesn't win a world title at 175

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post
      In his fight against Castillo, Smith's body looked much more suited to 175 than 168. 175 will be Smith's natural weight and i'd be surprised if he doesn't win a world title at 175
      That's true, it might possibly be his natural weight. Many people **** on him for losing to canelo but smith will probably be champion again, he has the tools.

Comment

Smith looked just as good at 175 as he did at 168 and yes I did believe he’ll win a title there too.

Comment

Don't think he can beat any of the current belt holders.

Comment

I always thought smith was a good fighter I just wonder why he froze up when he fought canelo .
            gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Buddy my dude but he’s being paid so what is he to say, I watched him verse Canelo and he choked like a “B” but I’ll make him better as long as they keep them Cuban cigars coming!
              Last edited by hitmanjosh; 10-12-2021, 06:44 PM.

Comment

The path to a title at 175 for Smith is through Bivol and I believe that's a winnable marketable fight. Beterbiev does what Canelo did and Joe Smith Jr may have grown enough to beat Smith

Comment

He is definitely better off not watching Smith vs Canelo. It was a stinker of a performance by Callum but the writing was on the wall I guess at 168 because Ryder comfortably beat him not long previously

Comment

Smith & Mcgirt is a perfect combination, just look at what Mcgirt did for 35 yrs Kovalev. He turned Kovalev into a jabbing machine,& Kovalev did great until the ko v Canelo. Smith will be much better if he learns to fight big,what killed him the most v Canelo was getting hit in the arm repeatedly which took away his best punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X