Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder is Not Considering Retirement After Loss, Says Scott

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder is Not Considering Retirement After Loss, Says Scott

Malik Scott, the head trainer of former WBC heavyweight Deontay Wilder, says his boxer is not planning to retire in the aftermath of Saturday's loss.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Never been a wilder fan, but he had actually improved for this match. Imo he can now beat 99% of boxers out there. Not sure just for: Usyk, Joyce and Hrgovic. He beats all the others.

Comment

probably should take a year long break though

back to back beatings are not good

Comment

I consider wilder the hardest one shot puncher in history, i think he would knock out AJ, Whyte and maybe Ruiz. I also think he is the most threat to Usyk stylistically.

Comment

I’d like to see him fight again with some good opposition. I don’t want to see him can crushing to build his confidence. Might be tough though as the division is a bit weak and without a belt he’s high risk low reward.

Comment

Theres a sh.t ton of trolls online. Wilder made a ton of fans with the heart he showed and how he went down on his shield like he said hed do. Wilder should make some public appearances so he can feel the love and stay offline so he dont get tempted to feed the trolls.

Unless this took something away from Wilder theres still a lot of $ to be made and he can become champ again.

Comment

Fury is all wrong for Wilder. But I think he beats AJ and the other top guys aside from Usyk.

Comment

If you could switch mentalities with Scott and Wilder I’d believe he’d be alright . Seems like the entire time Scott was more into the training and fight then Wilder was . We’ll see after his medical suspension is up where he’s at ,hard seeing him fully accepting he’s been defeated which will harm him more then anything,he’s to arrogant .

Well like I said I’ll see it when I believe it that he takes on a true puncher which is also missing from his resume besides Breazeale .
                Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

There are still fights out there for him like Ruiz he would win but it will be tough for him to be back in the HW title picture anytime soon.
                  Usyk and Joshua have a rematch and then I’m sure the winner will push for a big money unification with Fury. That’s probably more than one fight with rematch clauses.
                  Wilder is almost 36. By the time that is all settled he’s probably 38-39 and his best days behind him.
                  Maybe if unification doesn’t happen and a title is vacated he could get a spot but I don’t see that happening.

Comment

Scott's words mean nothing here -- and I say that, because Wilder wouldn't have previously discussed retiring on account of thinking he could win this.

Now that he's had two stoppage losses in a row, including a punishing knockout on Saturday, it is at least time to consider what would be the point in continuing. With all the will in the world, he won't be fighting again for at least six months and his come back would almost definitely be against some lesser opponent to try and rebuild. The earliest we might expect him to get a shot at another belt would be when he's 37 and that's in the kind of age territory where reactions times are decreasing and that could be dangerous. No reason to think he couldn't steam roll some nobody next, but it wouldn't do much for his career. He'd need to face a live dog to really restore any shine and I think that might be a risk given his age.

Comment

Working...
                    X