Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Tim Witherspoon Reacts To Tyson Fury's Knockout of Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Tim Witherspoon Reacts To Tyson Fury's Knockout of Deontay Wilder

Tim Witherspoon Video Interview - T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - In a trilogy showdown for the WBC heavyweight title, Tyson Fury (31-0-1, 22 KOs) had to overcome two knockdowns, scored three knockdowns of his own to eventually stop Deontay Wilder (42-2-1, 41 KOs) in the eleventh round of their trilogy fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tim is the only person besides myself being honest. I respect others opinion about it being a good fight, but they both have beaten a bunch of dead horses to say the least, and if Fury is so great what took him so long against a guy with not even good amateur fundamentals. Fury may or may not even be the best of this error, who has he fought?

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post
      Tim is the only person besides myself being honest. I respect others opinion about it being a good fight, but they both have beaten a bunch of dead horses to say the least, and if Fury is so great what took him so long against a guy with not even good amateur fundamentals. Fury may or may not even be the best of this error, who has he fought?
      He is just being bitter. There are 30-40 fighters today that would beat prime Tim. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

He is just being bitter. There are 30-40 fighters today that would beat prime Tim. Nash out.
        Erm, no. Witherspoon was a gifted boxer. He has every right to scoff at their skills after fighting Holmes the greatest jabsman ever and only losing by SD.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

Erm, no. Witherspoon was a gifted boxer. He has every right to scoff at their skills after fighting Holmes the greatest jabsman ever and only losing by SD.
          Fury has 20 times the skill of Witherspoon, and Wilder would have knocked Witherspoon into next week. He wasn't that good at all, and btw, neither was Holmes. Nash out.

Comment

Ok here is a question for people who actually know boxing history have watched boxing before the Mayweather and hearn years……would fury have beaten Tim Witherspoon? Mike Weaver? Tony Tubbs? Pinklon Thomas? Bonecrusher Smith? Michael Dokes? John Tate? Gerry Coetzee? Tex Cobb? Gerry Cooney? Larry Holmes? How would Fury have faired in the “champions for a day” era?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              Ok here is a question for people who actually know boxing history have watched boxing before the Mayweather and hearn years……would fury have beaten Tim Witherspoon? Mike Weaver? Tony Tubbs? Pinklon Thomas? Bonecrusher Smith? Michael Dokes? John Tate? Gerry Coetzee? Tex Cobb? Gerry Cooney? Larry Holmes? How would Fury have faired in the “champions for a day” era?
              He definitely beats Bonecrusher.

Holmes? Depends on which year. I say it goes to a draw if 12 rounds, Holmes if 15.

Comment

My only issue with what he's saying, is that Foreman didn't fight like he's describing either.
                Valuev didn't.
                Valero didn't.
                Mayorga didn't.
                Gerald McClellan didn't.
                Andy Ruiz barely does.

Because those guys didn't need to. They used other talents to get the job done. It's not always about fundamentals with some guys, and the name of the game is to get your hand raised. So whatever that takes, you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

My only issue with what he's saying, is that Foreman didn't fight like he's describing either.
                  Valuev didn't.
                  Valero didn't.
                  Mayorga didn't.
                  Gerald McClellan didn't.
                  Andy Ruiz barely does.

Because those guys didn't need to. They used other talents to get the job done. It's not always about fundamentals with some guys, and the name of the game is to get your hand raised. So whatever that takes, you do it.
                  The way he is describing, if every fight/fighter was like that, boxing would be very boring. What makes boxing excitement is as much what's inside a person, as skill level. If every fight was just two guys, bobbing, weaving, ducking, and throwing flashy shots here and there, people would soon turn off boxing. Great fighters have it inside of them, it's not just skill, it's the heart, desire and will, to push themselves to the limits to win a fight. That's true greatness. Not like someone who fights with pure skill like Rigondeaux, who has the heart of a pea. Nash out.
                  Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

The way he is describing, if every fight/fighter was like that, boxing would be very boring. What makes boxing excitement is as much what's inside a person, as skill level. If every fight was just two guys, bobbing, weaving, ducking, and throwing flashy shots here and there, people would soon turn off boxing. Great fighters have it inside of them, it's not just skill, it's the heart, desire and will, to push themselves to the limits to win a fight. That's true greatness. Not like someone who fights with pure skill like Rigondeaux, who has the heart of a pea. Nash out.
                    Basically.

He's saying he would rather watch (if weight wasn't a factor) Frank Sanchez vs. Erislandy Lara.

I mean...could you imagine?

Comment

Working...
                    X