Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: On The Strength of Fury's Performance, Very Tough For Joshua To Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye: On The Strength of Fury's Performance, Very Tough For Joshua To Beat Him

Former two division champion David Haye believes a fight with Tyson Fury would be a very tall order for Anthony Joshua. On Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Fury overcame two knockdowns to knock Deontay Wilder out in the eleventh round of their trilogy fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yes indeed, can't see AJ or Usyk or any other heavyweight out there currently beating Fury. He is the king, baddest man on the planet.

A huge tall man. Shows you, don't have to have a great looking physique, it's about skill and conditioning.
    snowdog snowdog likes this.

Comment

not sure if AJ could even beat Wilder

AJ looked brittle against Ruiz, and he looked brittle against Usyk... he gave up mentally in the first Ruiz fight, he packed it in

Wilder is a fkn monster... he will never quit, and he will never stop coming back... he is the Freddie Kruger of boxing

Wilder landed betsy on EVERY opponent he faced

gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

Joshua has virtually no chance of beating Fury , he has more of a chance beating Usyk but then I see Usyk doing a job on him again and maybe even stopping him next time even though he doesn't carry power! Joshua has been well matched and his claim to fame was beating a old worn slow Wlad who was 41 ! Edward has done well for them both but it's all down hill from here !
        snowdog snowdog likes this.

Comment

Fury should have no fears stepping in a ring with Joshua then. That's the only way we'll find out for sure and a little pointless to try and conclude the issue is decided with words.

It's entirely possible that Fury could beat Joshua and he certainly responds better to adversity, but I still think there are reasons to that Joshua would have success against Fury. The version of Fury in the ring on Saturday was not hard to hit. If it comes to fighting on the inside, Joshua has a better inside game than Wilder. If it comes to fighting on the outside, we've seen Joshua's technique is inferior to Usyk and likely to Fury, but it is a hell of a lot better than Wilder's. As a boxer-puncher, it is not unreasonable to think that Joshua could pose serious trouble for Fury.

I actually think Wilder could potentially prove worse for Joshua, because Joshua really would get stopped if Wilder landed with a bomb. But Joshua might smack him up before then. It really would be a question of who could land the big hits first, though Wilder's ability to persist with damage might give him the edge.

Comment

Have people still not yet realized that AJ was just more hype than actual substance? I know his fans tried to pretend that the Ruiz fight was a fluke, but now after his second loss, have we not yet acknowledged his limitations both skill wise and mentally to know enough? He has no shot vs Fury. Let him and Wilder fight for their 3rd and 4th seed placement and if Wilder has anything left after that beating he just took, he probably beats AJ mainly because he doesn’t bi**h up in the ring when faced with adversity.

Comment

Joshua would quit against Fury.

Comment

I keep saying it, I keep telling people. Now people other than myself are starting to realize.

Tyson Fury is a regressed fighter, Kronk Fury is not peak Fury.

Tyson Fury has just been decked twice again, and was there to be hit all night.

Joshua is regressed, but only because he has been obsessed with his new philosophy of training 'Which is clearly not working'. i.e Coming into the ring super light, not embracing his fundamental strengths such as power, combination punching, and the basics 'Trying to be a technician, which is something he is not'.

Tyson Fury is not miles better than these guys, he is not hard to solve anymore.

Wladimir Kiltschko could not really get to Tyson Fury, Wladimir Kiltschko was a Olympic Gold medalist, knocked out over 90% of his opponents 'Was a accurate puncher'. Fast forward 4-5 years, Ottin Wallin can land on Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder is decking Tyson Fury and banging him about 'This is not peak Fury what we are witnessing, deep down Fury fans know this is correct'.

Deontay Wilder is a aggressive, game, powerful puncher. But he lacks creativity and variation. I honestly believe that past big punchers with variation, would of decked Tyson Fury numerous times on the weekend.

Nobody on here, can act as if Tyson Fury has a all-time great defense. Since Wilder I, he has been there to be hit.

Tyson Fury's game has regressed, he consciously adapted his style after Wilder I. Because he knew, that he could no longer duplicate his former form under Peter Fury 'Maybe this is because he is not with Peter Fury anymore, or maybe it is because he just does not want to train in that manner anymore'.

You could clearly see since he returned, that he was trying is upmost best to duplicate that form. He was coming in at 250 + pounds, but even against Ottin Wallin at 254 pounds 'He got bashed up in that fight, busted up real good'.

I am not going to state that Joshua, Whyte, Uysk or whoever beats Tyson Fury. But I will state this? From this point on wards in Tyson Fury career, there are no easy fights. Tyson Fury just like Muhammad Ali in the 70's, is not as hard to solve, guys can get to him now.

Ottin Wallin, would of been a easy fight for the Tyson Fury that fought Wladimir Kiltschko. Fights that would of been easy for Tyson Fury, are no longer easy.

Joshua will land on Fury, Whyte will land on Fury, Usyk will land on Fury, there is no question 'Accept one'.

How will Tyson Fury deal, with fighters landing on him with variation? Uppercuts, straight right hands, left and right hooks? There are no easy fights for Tyson Fury now, I do ranked him at number 1, but I don't these other guys are looking at him 'Thinking that he is unbeatable'.

This era is far from concluded, Tyson Fury is on top 'But all of these guys, are right outside the gates of his castle and I don't think they are afraid'.
                Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 10-11-2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Folks need to open their eyes and come to the conclusion that this is a WEAK era of heavyweights. Even weaker than the champions for a day era. If even Vitali was around he would not have ANY problems with any heavyweight today. Fury is the best of the bunch but that isn’t saying much. A few posts ago I stated that fury was the best heavyweight since Lewis, I was wrong, he’s the best since vitali, who was better than wlad. Wilder has the best right hand in heavyweight history and more heart than most but that’s all he has and he was able to make 10 defences without a complete punch arsenal or ring generalship…seemingly discarded once making it to the title. No one in this era is an all time great, period. I DO think dillian whyte stylistically would be a problem for fury because he is more than just a right hand and is big and strong enough to not be bullied. Unlike the wilder haters who hate the man because of his ethnicity and nationality, I don’t think fury won the first fight I think it was legitimately a draw. He dominated both the rematches however. Wilder does NOT have a complete boxing game, even so, previous to this last fight o have him as the second best. That isn’t saying much. At 36 now and after 2 beatings, broke hands, I think his body is starting to fail him for boxing. He’s in there with men who are naturally 50+ Lbs bigger than himself and I think that’s taken it’s toll.

Comment

Can Fury beat the Haye curse? Haye said Fury would lose all 3 Wilder fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X