No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder III Was So Good You Couldn't Script It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder III Was So Good You Couldn't Script It

By Corey Erdman - The story of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder's rivalry has always felt like a professional wrestling storyline. Over the course of three fights spanning four years, there have been allegations of loaded gloves, crooked referees, illegal punches, poisoned water bottles, accusations of betrayal, heavy costumes that sapped fighters' energy, COVID-19 cases, lawsuits, vows of silence, threats of retirement and threats to kill one another in the ring. In general, the type of over-the-top chaos that would typically characterize a scripted feud.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So well written I think I’m off to watch the fight again.

Comment

Hail to the King! The true King of Gypsy.

Comment

I've seen some people condemn the fight to mediocrity. Some seem to be forever stuck in the past, where nothing can rival fights like the Thrilla in Manila. That talk makes me cringe. When you take this trilogy in its entirety and everything that had occurred, not just with the fighters themselves, but the fans, the narratives, everything that has happened since they first decided to fight each other, it truly can be classified and characterized as a classic in the post-modern world.

The point is that people should not compare it to anything that came before because it's good enough to stand alone, on its own. It was one of the best fights I have ever seen, and I guarantee that it will be the fight of the year.

Just stop comparing it to fights from the Gold Age of heavyweight boxing. I'm sick of it. Some of these guys sound like petulant children, whining and complaining. I bet if they were to time travel back to the 60s and 70s, we'd be hearing the same **** from them.
        Last edited by Cypocryphy; 10-11-2021, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
          I've seen some people condemn the fight to mediocrity. Some seem to be forever stuck in the past, where nothing can rival fights like the Thrilla in Manila. That talk makes me cringe. When you take this trilogy in its entirety and everything that had occurred, not just with the fighters themselves, but the fans, the narratives, everything that has happened since they first decided to fight each other, it truly can be classified and characterized as a classic in the post-modern world.

The point is that people should not compare it to anything that came before because it's good enough to stand alone, on its own. It was one of the best fights I have ever seen, and I guarantee that it will be the fight of the year.

Just stop comparing it to fights from the Gold Age of heavyweight boxing. I'm sick of it. Some of these guys sound like petulant children, whining and complaining. I bet if they were to time travel back to the 60s and 70s, we'd be hearing the same **** from them.
          amen brotha it's cringe ain't it
          Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

RIP there's only boooooooomb squuuuaaaaaaaaaad one Tyson Fury!!!!

Comment

What? There were a couple of exciting rounds and the rest were a beat down of a man dead on his feet. This talk of a great fight is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                What? There were a couple of exciting rounds and the rest were a beat down of a man dead on his feet. This talk of a great fight is ridiculous.
                Bob Arum & George Foreman said it's one of the best HW title fights ever, in fact Arum said it's the best title fight he's ever seen, and he's been in boxing for 50+ years.

Robbie B on boxingscene knows better doe
                wileyhemi wileyhemi likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post

Bob Arum & George Foreman said it's one of the best HW title fights ever, in fact Arum said it's the best title fight he's ever seen, and he's been in boxing for 50+ years.

Robbie B on boxingscene knows better doe
                  Arum and Foreman? You supposed to follow the sport right? How do you not know they constantly say stupid ****?

Comment

Was a great fight to watch. And Fury's a great fighter. No dispute from me.

But it shouldn't really have been. Fury was such a clear winner that the 4th round aberration should really be a criticism. I believe Fury was well below his best. Wilder was pretty much what he always was - excellent puncher, found out and outclassed at the top level.

​​​​​​I had Wilder winning 2 rounds on first viewing. When I watched it back I gave Fury the first round too.

He's won 3 rounds out of 30. He's so far below Fury's level that it's incredible that this is being talked about as a trilogy. Wilder barely took part.

Comment

Working...
                    X