Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kownacki Suffered Fractured Left Orbital Bone In First Round; Exploring Surgery Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kownacki Suffered Fractured Left Orbital Bone In First Round; Exploring Surgery Options

LAS VEGAS - Adam Kownacki suffered a career-altering injury almost as soon as his fight started Saturday night. Keith Connolly, Kownacki's manager, confirmed to BoxingScene.com on Sunday morning that the Polish heavyweight sustained a fractured left orbital bone during the first round of his sixth-round, technical-knockout loss to Robert Helenius at T-Mobile Arena. Brooklyn's Kownacki fought through severe swelling around his left eye, but he often winced while trying to combat the taller, rangier Helenius.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've said it before & I'll say it again. Adam is no more than a grossly obese light heavyweight that dabs.
    How he was ever considered a contender shows what a sorry state the division was in.
    Sanchez would murder either of them. Sanchez will be luck to get a fight now.

Comment

The only real mystery is how fckd up was Helenius' psyche before the first fight that Kownacki almost ran over him?

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
        I've said it before & I'll say it again. Adam is no more than a grossly obese light heavyweight that dabs.
        How he was ever considered a contender shows what a sorry state the division was in.
        Sanchez would murder either of them. Sanchez will be luck to get a fight now.
        You’re another one who really throws down some unbiased knowledge on this forum. Always a pleasure reading your comments mate

Comment

If Helenius' management act sensibly, & evidence suggests they won't, then a rematch with Chisora or a go with Joseph Parker, or Andy Ruiz would be the next step. If I was Helenius I wouldn't get into a lift with Frank Sanchez, let alone a ring. Sanchez has boxing skills that Helenius doesn't possess (unless he's fighting Kownacki who makes Helenius look like a Scandi Larry Holmes).
          BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

How about exploring other career options?

Comment

I love how fighters that have been succesful and are heavy become derided when they lose, or have a rough patch. Kownacki is talented, he can beat a lot of guys given the level of competition in this division. He was injured, this obviously affected his performance... NOT his weight, NOT his style. The kid has an engine, he needs to be more defensively responsible, but hes a decent fighter... Yes Sanchez and some of the guys that are staking their claim, are better, and will make the division better.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                The only real mystery is how fckd up was Helenius' psyche before the first fight that Kownacki almost ran over him?
                I think it's a bit overstated that Kownacki was running over him - Helenius was probably the first one to legitimately hurt the other in that fight as well; as early as the 2nd round he had Kownacki buzzed and backing off. Helenius was pulling back and taking steam of AK shots which he started to push after he got rocked in the 2nd. The right hands to the body were landing with full force early on that fight too.

AK definitely had a lot more fight and spirit in him for the 1st fight though, couldn't get anything going last night
                Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 10-10-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
                  How about exploring other career options?
                  As a Pollack? Sure thing (I have Polish in me!) there are many things us Pols do well...
                  We can become suicide prevention workers in a hotline for fellow Pols... Yesterday I talked a guy down, he was going to jump out his basement window!
                  We can become great scientists... Polish scientists have devised a new vehicle to go do the sun... it will go at night.
                  We can become great gamblers.... Polish guy misunderstood Dwyer and thought he should follow the opinion of a total stranger and bet his house on Fury!

Comment

Such as it is with PBC fighters.... they are built up into these contenders on the backs of bums, only to then be fed to other PBC fighters or thrown out after they are shown who they really are. Kownacki, Ruiz, Ortiz, and others were merely bodies that were built up to then be fed to Wilder... Until Fury exposed him 3 times.

Kownacki certainly has heart, but he is merely a come forward and throw as much as you can type of guy.... with little actual boxing skill. If he got in shape, he would be a decent LHW or Cruiser.
                    Gunitsmith Gunitsmith likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X