Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Robert Helenius: I Expected This Win, Because What Does Kownacki Have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Robert Helenius: I Expected This Win, Because What Does Kownacki Have?

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - Robert Helenius (31-3, 20 KOs) was even better against Adam Kownacki (20-2, 15 KOs) this time. In a rematch of their March 2020 slugfest, which Helenius won via fourth-round TKO, Helenius battered Kownacki throughout to induce a DQ stoppage at 2:38 of the sixth round of their scheduled 12-round heavyweight encounter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yep, he exposed him. Congratulations to the big Swedish Finn….boxing could use more Nordic warriors. Where have all the good Scandinavian fighters gone??

Comment

Neither of whom will ever trouble the top 10 in the division.

Comment

Kownackis style was never sustainable, we been saying it on here for years. He has very little regard for defence and that was always going to cost him.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Yep, he exposed him. Congratulations to the big Swedish Finn….boxing could use more Nordic warriors. Where have all the good Scandinavian fighters gone??
          Boxing was illegal in Sweden until 2007. It's why Heleinus is Swedish born but took Finnish nationality and has had most of his fights in Germany. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Nordic warriors now that the ban has been lifted. I think Wallin beats Whyte.
          Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

I always expected a lot from Helenius, but then he disappointed me a few times. He has looked pretty good defeating Kownacki both times, but that’s because Kownacki’s style probably makes him look good…it’s made for Helenius. Let’s see if he has improved against any other style of fighters now…if like to see him and Charles Martin next, if he gets past him then maybe Andy Ruiz.
            Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Wallin is very skilled, better than helenius has ever been, imo. I hope he'll retire whyte, that would be ideal after aj lost from usyk, so hearn gets finally f###ed.

Comment

Truth but a truth that only devalues your win. You big dumb Viking

Comment

Kownacki has a big heart and keeps trying. I don't know if the low blows were to get out of the fight, but he seems brave. Where does he go from here, as he isn't a high level fighter? Maybe another payday or two.

Helenius did well. He's not great but maybe gets a title shot in a poor division, and then retires.

​​
                  Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Boxing was illegal in Sweden until 2007. It's why Heleinus is Swedish born but took Finnish nationality and has had most of his fights in Germany. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Nordic warriors now that the ban has been lifted. I think Wallin beats Whyte.

Then how did Ingemar Johansson become heavyweight champ in 1959?

Comment

Working...
                    X