Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Drops Anthony Fowler Twice, Stops Him in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Drops Anthony Fowler Twice, Stops Him in Eight

Liam Smith showed he is far from past it as he battered Anthony Fowler to defeat in the eighth round of their Merseyside derby at the M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 10-09-2021, 05:44 PM.

On Saturday, October 9, former WBO light-middleweight champion LIAM SMITH takes on fellow Liverpool native ANTHONY FOWLER at the Liverpool Arena. SMITH is looking to get back to winning ways, having suffered only his third defeat against Magomed Kurbanov last time out for the vacant WBO International light-middleweight title. (photos by Mark Robinson)

FOWLER on the other hand comes into the bout on a six-fight win streak, winning in impressive fashion at Fight Camp in July this year, dominating challenger Rico Mueller and stopping the German in the eighth round.

Smith vs. Fowler tops a night of action in Liverpool, Ted Cheeseman (17-2-1, 10 KOs) puts his British Super-Welterweight Title on the line against Troy Williamson (16-0-1, 12 KOs) following his brilliant stoppage win over James Metcalf in Gibraltar, Shannon Courtenay (7-1, 3 KOs) faces USA's Jamie Mitchell (6-0-2, 4 KOs), Northampton's Kieron Conway (16-2-1, 3 KOs) looks to bounce back from his loss to Souleymane Cissokho on the Canelo vs. Saunders undercard when he meets James Metcalf (21-1, 13 KOs).

Comment

i got beefy in a fight he wins easily
      him vs tszyu would be a very good matchup

Comment

Does Fowler have much of a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
          yea, but I'm more counting on Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
            Smith has certainly fought at a higher level and is definitely above British title level, he’s fringe world level

Fowler fought once at British title level and lost

Prime for Prime, Smith probably stops him late, but Fowler and his team are banking on Smith being on the decline, which he might be, he’s 33 with plenty of tough fights.

it’s a pretty good fight I think

Comment

Anybody know the ringwalk time for this?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarDeanC*ntly View Post
                Anybody know the ringwalk time for this?
                Around 10pm UK time I think
                SugarDeanC*ntly SugarDeanC*ntly likes this.

Comment

Anyone watching Conway and metcalf..

Ito like Conway trainer has taught him to pull his right hand..solid jab but the right hand is all arm and pulled

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post
                    Anyone watching Conway and metcalf..

Ito like Conway trainer has taught him to pull his right hand..solid jab but the right hand is all arm and pulled
                    Metcalf was 5 to 1 for points win, so I thinking it was a good value bet.

Comment

Working...
                    X