Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev-Marcus Browne On ESPN+ December 17 From Bell Centre In Montreal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev-Marcus Browne On ESPN+ December 17 From Bell Centre In Montreal

Artur Beterbiev will return to his adopted hometown following a five-year absence for his next fight. BoxingScene.com has learned that Beterbiev's mandated light heavyweight title defense against American Marcus Browne will headline Top Rank's December 17 card from Bell Centre in Montreal. Staten Island's Browne is the mandatory challenger for Beterbiev's WBC 175-pound championship.
    [Click Here To Read More]

And I will be watching, looking forward to that one

Comment

Interesting fight but I don't have ESPN+ and don't plan on paying for it.

Comment

Going to try to go to this fight. Should be a good one. Bell Centre always fun for a fight.
        Last edited by Leonbus2; 10-06-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Won't be surprised if Browne pulls off the upset. He's highly skilled and Artur is getting up there in age.
          7not8 7not8 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
            Won't be surprised if Browne pulls off the upset. He's highly skilled and Artur is getting up there in age.

This is a weird one because he was great against Badou Jack who was trying to press forward but couldnt get in range. and he was good at point vs Pascal but every clean shot that Pascal landed put Browne down. that felt like a hard win to take when everyone was saying how the commission should be ashamed of themselves for letting the fight take place. Only for Pascal to win.
            7not8 7not8 likes this.

Comment

Arum gets this for 1 mil, a very sellable product, and Eddy gets over marinated, Lopez v Kambosos for 4 mil. That's what happens when you overbid to to kill the other guys profit, and then get it dropped on you.

Comment

Originally posted by thekenneth View Post

This is a weird one because he was great against Badou Jack who was trying to press forward but couldnt get in range. and he was good at point vs Pascal but every clean shot that Pascal landed put Browne down. that felt like a hard win to take when everyone was saying how the commission should be ashamed of themselves for letting the fight take place. Only for Pascal to win.
                Pascal is also a couple of years older than Beterbiev and has been through WAYYY more wars and taking far more punishment. He also probably has far less power judging by the number of distance fights he's been in. Has a better resume though and fought at elite level more which would excuse that.

I see Artur just straight rag dolling this dude but stranger things have happened of course.

I still remember placing random longshot $100 on Pascal at 5/1 and ****ing bricks looking at my phone in Walmart watching Browne peel himself up off the canvas repeatedly.

Comment

nice fight.two different styles. should be fun

Comment

Hoping this flies under the radar of Canadian cable providers and ends up on TSN Direct instead of an $80 PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X