Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Retires From Boxing, Says The Hunger is No Longer There

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price Retires From Boxing, Says The Hunger is No Longer There

David Price has looked back and reflected on his professional career after officially announcing his retirement. Price won 25 fights as a professional, with 20 coming by knockout, winning the British, Commonwealth, WBA Continental and English heavyweight titles along the way.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Smart decision. If Chisora finishes you inside 4 rounds, it is time to retire.

He is a big strong guy, but his chin just wasn`t there. He didn`t take a lot of damage in fights because all his losses were by stoppage. I mean, you can`t be decent if guys like Kuzmin and Hammer stop you.

I hope he made some money for retirement.

Comment

Enjoy retirement David.

Comment

The hunger nor his chin.

Comment

Good for him. It's time. Unfortunately for him though he was never able to reach or attain his full potential. I worry about his long term health. He has taken some of the most vicious KO losses, I've ever witnessed in boxing's Heavyweight history. However, I wish him all my best in retirement in particular and in his future endeavors in general. So good luck champ!
          Dizneyfist Dizneyfist likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Smart decision. If Chisora finishes you inside 4 rounds, it is time to retire.

He is a big strong guy, but his chin just wasn`t there. He didn`t take a lot of damage in fights because all his losses were by stoppage. I mean, you can`t be decent if guys like Kuzmin and Hammer stop you.

I hope he made some money for retirement.
            However, a lot of his knockouts were of the concussive variety where a fighter can get seriously hurt. A fighter doesn't need to take too many of those to stay healthy in the long term..

Comment

We love you David...but we've heard it from you before. Let's hope it sticks this time.

Comment

Man…always a what could’ve been if he had a chin. His power was always legit. Enjoy retirement.

Comment

Should have fought Babic .

Comment

David Price for me, made a mistake in taking the Derek Chisora fight at short notice. Finally he was once again building momentum, in his performances and attitude. And then he was advised or pushed into taking a fight at short notice 'As if he is some journey man'. It was that fight which completely knocked him off course once again, completely silly fight to take 'It was probably his decision'.

There is not denying Price's power, and I honestly believe if Price had a full camp for Chisora 'He could of at-least decked Chisora at some point in the fight'.

Nevertheless, I admire how he fought on after suffering his first loses. David Price went from the heir apparent to the Kiltschko thrown 'To be being mocked and ridicule, and his character being demeaned'. This does seem to be the culture with the public and certain boxing fans ? Once a fighter loses, they will then go about destroying their character. It is most likely something ingrained in some people, maybe it was past down through the century's.

Anyway good career, exciting and admirable how he went about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X